Bachelor of Design: Illustration? (1 Viewer)

Bdette

HSC
I've searched the forums and i can't seem to get enough information.

I wonder if anyone currently studying or have graduated from UNSW COFA doing BA of Design, can tell me if this course caters for those who want to pursue a career in Illustration/Graphic Design particularly illustration.

I worry about the Jewellery and Product design elements of the course (that i've read through course descriptions and some of the forum threads) because frankly i don't want anything to do with it. Are there more appropriate courses at other universities? I was considering BA Visual Arts ACU or BA Design UWS.

I read that BA Design COFA is a course for those who don't know exactly what they want to do in the Design industry. Does anyone agree?

Thanks.

biggie walls

HSC
Hey there, if your set on Illustration then I wouldn't recommend the Design degree, cos as you said you'll be fiddling with furniture,jewellery etc...

You should actually consider Fine Arts at COFA majoring in Drawing or Printmaking streams...

check this guy out for proof - http://www.jiratpatradoon.com/

Bdette

HSC
Thanks that artist was really awesome.

I have thought about doing a fine art degree actually, but i still want design skills, because i think illustration would be a good freelance job, not a permanent full time one with stable income (unless you're freaking good and get jobs coming in like crazy).

I see the value in gaining the skills in different media through fine art however i'm looking for a design degree that atleast has an illustration module.

Thanks for your help. You were the only one who replied to my post so...

Bdette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)