Bachelor of Business or Business/International Studies (1 Viewer)

username1928

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

Just wanted your opinion on whether a double degree of Business/International Studies will improve my job prospects more so than a single Bachelor of Business at UTS?

Thanks

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Perhaps, but definitely if you plan on working overseas or somewhere where knowledge of another language is highly regarded. If you are interested in another language or culture it seems like a pretty good option either way!

username1928

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for your reply!

Also, do you know if I would be eligible for bonus points for the Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts in International Studies?

I fall short of the ATAR cut-off and I know I can obtain bonus points for the single degree but not 100% about the combined.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to improve your job prospects you should first consider just doing Bachelor of Business. Then once you graduate from Bachelor of Business. You should get an internship in one of Australia's best corporations. Work for two years.
Then go back to University and do Bachelor of Laws. Why you ask? This is because Business is getting more and more legalised. If you don’t understand your legal duties as a manager you could end up in jail for illegal conduct. Degrees in Law and Business will give you a clear advantage over other graduates. To get into Law after doing Bachelor of Business it is best to have a credit average. All the best for your studies.

builder2818

HSC
If you want to improve your job prospects you should first consider just doing Bachelor of Business. Then once you graduate from Bachelor of Business. You should get an internship in one of Australia's best corporations. Work for two years.
Then go back to University and do Bachelor of Laws. Why you ask? This is because Business is getting more and more legalised. If you don’t understand your legal duties as a manager you could end up in jail for illegal conduct. Degrees in Law and Business will give you a clear advantage over other graduates. To get into Law after doing Bachelor of Business it is best to have a credit average. All the best for your studies.
I laugh every time I read your comments. You're not Australian are you? But you aren't an international student because you foolishly only study one subject a semester. So where are you from?

You also have no idea about the big bad world of adulthood and working for companies. That plus uni will never teach you life skills to be able to "fit in" within a company culture, or better still, be able to manage people.

Last edited:

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
RE: builder2818 I am an Australian citizen. I got hundred per cent in the Australian Citizenship test. I entered UTS with an ATAR of 92.75. In my first semester of studies in Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney I did four subjects in Autumn 2009 (Failed two subjects i.e. Accounting and Marketing , got a pass in Economics and a Credit in Managing People and Organisations. In Spring 2009 I achieved High Distinction doing one subject each semester in Business Law and Ethics 85 per cent (49/50 in the mid term exam plus individual assignment and then 36/50 in the final exam). I came first in Business Law and Ethics in spring 2009. I learnt that you must maximise your results and get a greater return on your investment in studies. Now I am on track to get Bachelor of Business (First Class Honours in Economics and University Medal; Finance).

builder2818

HSC
RE: builder2818 I am an Australian citizen. I got hundred per cent in the Australian Citizenship test. I entered UTS with an ATAR of 92.75. In my first semester of studies in Bachelor of Business at University of Technology Sydney I did four subjects in Autumn 2009 (Failed two subjects i.e. Accounting and Marketing , got a pass in Economics and a Credit in Managing People and Organisations. In Spring 2009 I achieved High Distinction doing one subject each semester in Business Law and Ethics 85 per cent (49/50 in the mid term exam plus individual assignment and then 36/50 in the final exam). I came first in Business Law and Ethics in spring 2009. I learnt that you must maximise your results and get a greater return on your investment in studies. Now I am on track to get Bachelor of Business (First Class Honours in Economics and University Medal; Finance).
Hahaha, getting 20 out of 20 for an easy multiple choice citizenship test is nothing to brag about. Then again, i'm so Aussie I probably wouldn't even pass that test. University medal? Wow, don't set your goals too high, you failed Accounting A (I got 95 lol and i'm a borderline alcoholic) and marketing (SHIT)? You've bombed your GPA already with those shit grades in your first year. Plus they are only core subjects. Wait another 8-10 years (LOL!) before you're doing your final year subjects, good luck then hahaha.

Oh by the way, you want a finance career? Your transcript follows you wherever you apply for jobs you know? - FAIL, FAIL, PASS, CREDIT, HD...........plus who knows what the next 10 years will say but it's not looking good for you so far CEO? You may want to rethink your major if you only passed economics, it gets a lot harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)