bachelor of arts (media and communication) (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
what exactly does this course entail. because i read in the job guide that studying this course can lead to a career in public relations. does ths course have anything to do with journalism? I also read that this degree also involves the creation of "new media". so if any of you do this could you explain what it involves so i make an informed choice

thank you!!! :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
That's the one with a UAI cutoff in the 80's as opposed to the one in SYD thats in the high 90's right??? I think so, if that's the one. They're both quite similar.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm doing ba/media comm. If you're after journalism, don't take this course! Its focus is on digital media. Public relations...err...in fact the mdcm course doesn't teach public relations, however you could possibly integrate it somehow with your electives. You can pretty much make what you want of this course, because you choose a major from anywhere in the arts faculty to go along with media.

The new media part involves the creation of a new media project each session. This session our major project was a macromedia flash animation. In second year you choose between video editing, sound, interactivity, animation, etc.

Have a browse through the website. It'll tell you a lot more than I can. It has examples of student work on there too.

http://media.arts.unsw.edu.au/homepage/index.html

and the entire degree outline here:

http://www.student.unsw.edu.au/handbook/programs/3402.shtml

I hope that clears it up a bit for you

DaRanjed

I wanna do this course and my UAI lets me.

But can someone please give comments on how they find the course?
Please describe the 'Digital' part.
I plan to do Chinese Studies along with it.
Opinions? Pros and Cons?

What if I'm no good at Photoshop? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)