Bach of IT callbacks (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
oh really... hahaha yeh unsw is prolli the better option.... but i would be over the moon with a IT callback.... i didnt go for unsw IT i only went for finance and engineering i didnt realise i had a chance in IT..... i jus tput down mining engineering cuz i thought i had a chance, shouldve put it down :( newaiz i got 91........

davidgock

HSC
N/A
m1nx said:
WOOOO!!!!!! i got in too!
just got the news - from PARIS!! in some weird cafe with a strange keyboqrd and everyone else doesnt quite understand what im woohooing bout
congrats to everyone else, guess i,ll be seeing you guys on enrollment! ;)
lol, sweet, paris..
got msn minx?

tubby

Question: How many girls made it into BIT this year?

Well done guys! UAI? pfffft, everyone forgot about it soon after first semester. However, cant overlook how much hard work was needed to achieve your marks!

Heeheheh, 'quesara' will be in 2nd year next year for BIT..hehehhe.....of course she made it!

See you guys in....February? or first/second week of March? For the official welcoming.

baibai.

A note on UNSW: grass? pfft...building 10 wins everything. For me personally its too much to travel by BUS to kensington. Apart from that, yes they get another year of scholarship, so? They get 14k or so for that year, while we are in the workforce earning gross 50k. They do junk maths, that all my friends doing ISM and BIT at unsw whinge about, WASTE OF TIME. But anyway, kudos if you make it to any of them!

xlr9

HSC
N/A
tubby said:
See you guys in....February? or first/second week of March? For the official welcoming.
Thursday 3rd February Enrolment (bring $50 for Orientation Camp)
Monday 14th - Wednesday 16th February Orientation Camp
Monday 28th February Classes start

Can any1 tell me anything about the tax/centrelink implications of the scholarship $$..? Is is considered to be income/earnings etc?

nanabite

HSC
I think it is. I looked up at Centrelink and you are living at home you can receive up to $560 fortnightly income to get assistance and $715 if you are living away from home. The threshold for full assistance however is $236 and with the scholarship you'd exceed this so you'd be left with only 30 cents in the dollar as far as payment goes. Of course there's asset tests and other stuff come into it too, but as far as I can tell you'd be lucky to get $10 a week.

xlr9

HSC
N/A
nanabite said:
I think it is. I looked up at Centrelink and you are living at home you can receive up to $560 fortnightly income to get assistance and $715 if you are living away from home. The threshold for full assistance however is $236 and with the scholarship you'd exceed this so you'd be left with only 30 cents in the dollar as far as payment goes. Of course there's asset tests and other stuff come into it too, but as far as I can tell you'd be lucky to get $10 a week.
My youth allowance + rent assistance entitlements are $11k per year (almost as much as the scholarship) so I'll be cheesed off if I have to declare it to Centrelink as "earnings". I googled my question and found this:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/filestores/pr854_0403/$file/pr854_0403en.pdf

...which explains that commonwealth learning scholarships "are not counted as income".

ok--I called centrelink and asked them if scholarships count as income. The guy would tell me nothing more than "we assess each scholarship individually". He would not elaborate on any criteria used for assessments and he claims that centrelink do not publish any information on this topic. --hrm

xlr9

HSC
N/A
accom

does any1 need (shared) accom in ultimo? ive been looking at 2BR appartments for approx $380 per week.

Osiris8732

So how many people got accepted but didnt recieve an offer from UAC?

Oh wait, that was just me....

nanabite

HSC
But you pose as if you're black to get money off the government - so you're black to me. And I'm famous too thank you very much... I'm "that guy who got into UNSW" :p

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
So before I get Des' e-mail, I talked to the UTS info office who actually gave me my UTS Student # to register for an enrollment session... which makes things a little more complicated.

I think I'll just wait for the next e-mail to see what I'm _supposed_ to do...

Hypoviax

Michael
HSC
Someone ought to ask Des to send out an email of contacts for the 2005 BIT group. I guess we'll find out later anyway.

nanabite

HSC
I'd suggest we have a night that we all get shitfaced and get to know each other a bit better.. but I probably wouldn't want to do that myself so I won't.

m1nx

HSC
davidgock said:
lol, sweet, paris..
got msn minx?
and singapore too right now ;) haha but i'm finally going HOME! now
yes naturally to msn Q, i think its in my info
and to the "girl" question, that'd be me over here too :)

quesera

HSC
tubby said:
Question: How many girls made it into BIT this year?
one of the guys called des and he said there are 8
WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY YEAR?!??!?!?

not that i'm complaining....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)