BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

PwC! congrats! you should definitly be happy with that! a friend of mine got an offer from there, aswell as BAcc. me = jealous.
=]

I totally forgot about UNSW Co-op. I'll look into it. thanks =P
yeah, i have trials in three weeks too. don't talk to me about business studies. im pissed off as hell after my last assessment task..my rank dropped from top 4 to just in top 20. good luck with your assignment tho.:)

im doing some major 'i dont want to go into my room and study' procrastination right now.:uhhuh:

its so bad. hahah =(

HSC

zdzislaw said:
Not selective or anything *is embarassed*
Kellyville High School.

I'm definitely applying for UNSW co-op.
I'm in the same boat as you didnt apply for accounting cadetships and regreting it. Oh well....we can always apply for the first year ones.

So yes. USNW co-op, first year positions with top 4 firms, etc...it's FAR from over :D
LOL. don't be embarassed! i dont go to a selective school either.
Cheltenham Girls' High School ftw. =]

I honestly forgot all about UNSW co-op. im excited. =] AND i also forgot about applying for first year places. god, you're a genius. =P

hell yes. its FAR from over. they haven't seen the last of us!:D

ps. its friking freezing. :cold:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

oh yay :)
seriously AS IF they'll see the last of us.
We're going to be fricken tycoons :D lol anything is possible if you are willing to work tireslessly at it and I'm REALLY going to give UNSW co-opmy absolute all

HSC

haha yeah. im just your average joe. i wonder what the girl version of that is? im your average joe-lina. yeahh...im gonna stop with that now. =P

haha. tycoons! damn straight! =P its awesome to see such motivation for UNSW, its contagious. i like it. :uhhuh:

haha. who knows. might see you at another interview =P

HSC

zdzislaw said:
P.S. it seriously is so cold everything is just...numb
pps. i agree. my hands are dead.
the comp used to be in my room, but i got it moved out because it was too distracting. i regret it. atleast i used to be warm when i was procrastinating. =(

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

LOL!
Don't procrastinate hun. Go to bed and get up early and tackle it head on ok? Get it out of the way and then you can do whatever you want

HSC

zdzislaw said:
LOL!
Don't procrastinate hun. Go to bed and get up early and tackle it head on ok? Get it out of the way and then you can do whatever you want
hehe. im like the queen of procrastination. seriously...trust me on this one. =P
speaking of bed..i was planning to get off the computer an hour ago.
..see what i mean.:eek:

kays, i think bed is a good idea. another one of your genius ideas. rofl =P
night!
xx

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

littlemisstiny said:
hehe. im like the queen of procrastination. seriously...trust me on this one. =P
speaking of bed..i was planning to get off the computer an hour ago.
..see what i mean.:eek:

kays, i think bed is a good idea. another one of your genius ideas. rofl =P
night!
xx
Night <3

venom69r

HSC

GDAY everyone!

Congrats to all those who got in!! I was fortunate enough to get an offer with BAcc! And to all those on the reserve list, you're all in with a good chance too! I had two friends last year who got in - however im not sure about this 25% and 50% chance thing :uhoh:

I've also got an offer from PwC. I'm really confused about what to take! Like, no program towers over the other. Hopefully, some BAcc'ers here and other students can shed some insight into what the would do/what they have done (in regards to a decision like this). Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

And GOOD LUCK for trials and w/e. I myself havent touched a single book =] :read:

Take care!

ShadowSwifter

HSC

damn if UTS is this hard to get into, what about UNSW, lol...its gonna be even harder :(

does anyone actually know how many vacancies UNSW has got to offer? i know UTS is only 30 in 200.

wow ur resume must be really impressive venom :D

@little - don't worry too much, those cadetships and all can't judge you as a person, im sure you would have a great future :D

Last edited:

venom69r

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:
damn if UTS is this hard to get into, what about UNSW, lol...its gonna be even harder :(

does anyone actually know how many vacancies UNSW has got to offer? i know UTS is only 30 in 200.
UNSW would have a larger intake i think so. Also, they offer coops in many different areas (ie. accounting/finance/marketing/actuary/BIT/ - and thats only for Commerce)

But, I think you shouldn't focus too much on the number of intakes - rather ways to improve your chances. So basically, go out and talk to UNSW coops and get advice from them how they did their applications/interviews and what got them in.

Hope i was helpful.

Take care

venom69r

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:
AHAHA, nah man. I'm just an average bloke. But i dunno, i might've got lucky or something. But I'll take it! ahaha. But the problem now is making the decision before 25th July. I dont wanna end up regretting it 3 years down the track. Oh well.

Oh, and i think that a resume only gets you so far. I reckon the interview is ultimately the thing which most contributes to the selection - whether it be BAcc or a cadetship. And, all i did was be myself. Cliched, but thats all i can say ahaha.

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:

@little - don't worry too much, those cadetships and all can't judge you as a person, im sure you would have a great future :D
u guys must have all had similar in terms of quality resumes. once you get an interview it means they are satisfied based on your application you have the skillset to get in, venom obviously must have demonstrated this better at the interview hence he got through.

redom

HSC

Umm UNSW Accounting Co-op is a much smaller program then BAcc...i think they take like 15people...and its more academic focused i think...

And i think its like 13.5 first year, 14 2nd year and 14.5 the last year...or something like that

Allan vB

HSC

AAAHHHH!!!

I got an offer for BAcc, the email came on Saturday... I was SOOOO happy, relieved, glad, proud, thankful etc... I thought that my chances would have been really slim because they take so few people and the other people who were there being interviewed at the same time were REALLY confident and they seemed great people, so I'm kinda surprised but REALLY glad...

Bad luck to all of you who just missed out - unfortunate. I'd say that a 50% chance is still pretty good because alot of the people would have multiple offers and may take others. There woule be many people who got BAcc offers who don't take them. Have hope ay? And the rould two applicants may be really bad, another reason to have hope. Can you apply to round two if you didn't get an offer for round one?

I'm going to apply to the UNSW Co-op as well. The BAcc offer is conditional in that I have a guaranteed offer if I get UAI 95+ and if I get a bit less my chances are still "good" - but not guaranteed, hmm...

BAcc is not the be all and end all - there are loads of other opportunities that are just waiting to be taken! What are the pros and cons of the BAcc program as opposed to a cadetship?

Congrats to everyone else who got an offer!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

redom said:
Umm UNSW Accounting Co-op is a much smaller program then BAcc...i think they take like 15people...and its more academic focused i think...

And i think its like 13.5 first year, 14 2nd year and 14.5 the last year...or something like that
yes thts rite for accounting except its $15000 every year for the 4 years.

they also offer coops in finance act st marketing bit n like heaps more!

Allan vB

HSC

haiderr said:
ALLAN - my questions was the same, just that the person was in russia not mongolia lol....

who were ur interviewers? coz mine were also a professor n a guy from mq. was it Angus from Macquarie?

good luck all! and agree with allan that there r no second round interviews... ur either in or ur out, or ur reserve!
I had a guy from Macquarie, not sure of the name though... he was wearing a black and white striped shirt (thin stripes) with a white collar and white cuffs, he also had cuff links. I got all that but not the name, lol. The other interviewer was a woman who was completing a PHd - not sure if she was a professor though... They were both really nice people!

So what did you answer for the question? I said that I'd search for a registry, found that and then I was told that there were 4 of them living in completely opposite places of Mongolia. I bantered on about teamwork - saying that I'd get people to help me. Their reason for helping me - Gengis Mahn could answer all of their questions. Guess I answered it 'right'... strange thing to say about a question like that!

Did you get an offer? Best of luck if ur still waiting!

ShadowSwifter

HSC

venom69r said:
AHAHA, nah man. I'm just an average bloke. But i dunno, i might've got lucky or something. But I'll take it! ahaha. But the problem now is making the decision before 25th July. I dont wanna end up regretting it 3 years down the track. Oh well.

Oh, and i think that a resume only gets you so far. I reckon the interview is ultimately the thing which most contributes to the selection - whether it be BAcc or a cadetship. And, all i did was be myself. Cliched, but thats all i can say ahaha.
yeh congrats mate, honestly its an awesome achievement. when you have read the contract would you mind tell me how much they pay you in total over the entire co-op program? thanks

@ifsonotso_100:
yeh you are right buddy, i think the key would be the interview. hows your hunting for cadetship & co-ops been so far :D

@redom & haiderr: you mean the UNSW CO-OP for Business right? I never heard of an accounting one. Am I missing something?

@Allan vB
: congrats buddy. can you clarify what is a conditional offer? and also how long do you have till you have to sign the contract and do they let you try the UNSW Co-op too? oh oh and what was the most random or tricky question you got asked on UTS day :D (jsut curious)

HSC

ShadowSwifter said:
yeh congrats mate, honestly its an awesome achievement. when you have read the contract would you mind tell me how much they pay you in total over the entire co-op program? thanks

@ifsonotso_100:
yeh you are right buddy, i think the key would be the interview. hows your hunting for cadetship & co-ops been so far :D

@redom & haiderr: you mean the UNSW CO-OP for Business right? I never heard of an accounting one. Am I missing something?

@Allan vB
: congrats buddy. can you clarify what is a conditional offer? and also how long do you have till you have to sign the contract and do they let you try the UNSW Co-op too? oh oh and what was the most random or tricky question you got asked on UTS day :D (jsut curious)
im not in the whole cadetship/coop lol have a look at my join date should tell u i ain't an 08er :p. My HSC date should have confirmed that too though people troll that but the join date is a good indicator usually.

Few friends are in the CO-OP at UNSW, they have finance and acct and quite a few others as well regarding your second question. Marketing is a new one i think. Not much to seperate between BACCT and UNSW COOP- if you are into other faculties etc then UNSW COOP is prob better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)