BA Media Arts and Communication? (1 Viewer)

Hollie

My UAI was 99.25....is it safe to say i will get into this course which was cutoff at 98.5 last yr?

*10#

yeah you should be right - and im so jealous i really wanna do that course but i only got 95.3
congrats hollie

Mike85

I'm thinking about this course too. I got 99.00, so I think if I wanted to do it I could get in, but I'm putting Journalism at UTS first, because it sounds like s much more interesting course.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hey spin spin which communications course? i was thinking of doing comm (social inquiry)/law, but it's heaps different to what i thought i would end up doing... gah, it IS impossible to decide :|

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
hey spin spin which communications course? i was thinking of doing comm (social inquiry)/law, but it's heaps different to what i thought i would end up doing... gah, it IS impossible to decide :|
thats exactly what i want to do, and i think it sounds GREAT as a combined degree option - and perfect for me cos the combination of law and social inquiry is ideal for politics. thats what i want to end up doing

go for it toods! i reckon it'll be great, im pretty much set on uts now

asqy how come you never did communications/law at uts? i hear theres mad hot chicks in the design faculty

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
as for females :rolleyes: yes ive heard uts law girls are good quality...and if ur gonna go there i guess it just proves what we have heard :p...not that im kocking unsw law girls are unsw arts girls...a hum
ahahahahahahah!!! wow, thanks asqy!

Originally posted by Asquithian
but yes jouno/LLB at uts is a good choice....

just make sure u can handle the uts city campus
whats wrong with the city campus??

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
no way! i dunno, i LOVED the city campus on open day, and the people there seemed great... i wouldnt say its not humanities based, theyve got some great people working in both their law and humanities faculties... e.g Wendy Bacon herself, who is one of my silly little heroes.

i know its the university of technology and all... but their communications degrees are actually pretty well-recognised... their law wouldnt have anything on unsw, which ive heard from people whos opinion i actually trust that UNSW is EASILY the best for law... but its probably the same quality as usyd, just minus the prestige. thousands of people would shoot me for saying that, but fuck, usyd is completely overrated

but yeah.. i liked the uts vibe, it was cool, and i like the idea of being in the middle of the city. mmmmmm..... yum cha

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Getting into UNSW and USYD is fine. But doing well at any other uni in the same degree plus having a broader sense of the world makes a candidate more suitable for post-uni employment than the title USYD and UNSW next to their name, in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)