BA international studies (1 Viewer)

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
who is combining their course with this?
i jsut missed it but am hoping to transfer into it in second year which makes no difference as it doesnt start till second year.
what language are you taking? im doing german! (hopefully). should get it becuase im doing german as my electives for first year.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I just missed out too (by 0.2!) and am also thinking about transferring in to it perhaps after 1st year.... I would do Spanish or French if I decided to do it.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I wanted to do this but knew I wouldn't make the cut first go. It's actually one of two courses I want to transfer into, so I'm having trouble deciding which to pick first and how to go about it. Internal transfer, yay.

Nupil

HSC
N/A
I'm doing it with BBusiness, city campus.

I sucked at Italian but that's what I put down as my in-country focus. I wish we got to do electives as part of the course, I would do spanish! My only problem will be trying to decide which city to go to ... ick decisions are awful.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
do they have Portuguese at this University of Technology, Sydney?

its a nice language, along with Italian, Svenska, Yucateco-Mayan and Creole.

karnevil

HSC
Yeah I also want to transfer into it next year, with B.Bus @ City

At enrolment this guy was asking me to pick one out of three electives for a particular subject - the story was that two of these subjects required u to go overseas, and the third didnt. So I go to him "Oh well I'm hoping to transfer into the International Studies program next year.." he goes "WELL, u dont know that you're going to get the transfer!" I was like :( !! Complete shut-down

karnevil

HSC
yeah but i think a year of good marks should get me in.....

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Internal Course Transfer

Congratulations! Your application for Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication Bachelor of Arts in International Studies has been SUCCESSFUL.

woo! yeah. and i suppose it's a bit late for it now, but even if you don't think you're going to make the cutoff for the uac application, apply anyway. i should have, cos the cutoff for 2003 dropped a tiny bit and i would have scraped in by .30 or something.

shelli@UTS

Don't know whether i wanna do it with Viscom - but if I was to choose a country it'd be Germany or Japan. Should have Sweden tho!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Japan ROCKS. Warning though, it is REALLY EXPENSIVE.

If you have questions about Japan, come to the Japanese section! I can always call in the Japanese people from BoS, they like answering questions. :)

shelli@UTS

nup, I'm an employee of BoS - I have my own employee code -- as for UTS I'm hoping to get a partime job on campus this year.. saw some jobs on the site this morning, check them out, most of them are babysitting ones..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
BoS as in Bored or BOS as in Board?

At least, that's how I've always used them. :)

Babysitting is hard though... I can only babysit if they're dead. At least then they're quiet and don't make a mess.

shelli@UTS

I agre on the babysitting and most of these classifieds were for disabled kids paying $14/hour and you have to pick them up from school, cook for both them and their mum and have first aid. F**K that.

I work for Board of Studies, hope that answers your q's :)

MrA

lol...they'd have to pay me $100 per hour for me to even consider that job...heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)