BA (Adv) (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I'm considering doing this course (the all-new! version, not the old one that just involved having to do a few 'advanced' courses), which now seems to involve a normal BA (Hons) but with the first year chopped off.

I'm planning to do subjects around and about Ancient History, History, Archaeology and Government and International Relations (although that could change). What would going straight into 2nd year for them be like? Would I be losing much by skipping first year?

princy

HSC
I looked into this, something to aim for thats for sure. Although I am hoping for a UAI in the 90's, I really do not think that i will get the required UAI for this course.

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
hi,
just wanted to know if anyone knew more about this course than what's written about it in the UAC 2007 guide.
Luckily i got 98.50 for UAI...more than i expected....is that enough to get into it.

like someone has already asked....would it be difficult to go straight into second year?

just wanted so more info on this course... (more than what's on the internet and in the UAC guide)

veridis

droog
HSC
depends what subs really.
for most of the histories going straight to second year will be fine. i some of my 2000 level histories have been completely unrelated to my 1000 level ones and they were still fine. for ancient it's similar but 2000 levels require a bit more of a grasp of the period than it seems standard hists do. archaeology takes this further and 2000 levels really do build on skills and knowledge from 1st year, skills which you're less likely to have than in hist. as for gov i have nfi
so in short, if you've already got an interest and grasp of the general topics and are willing to put in maybe a little more effort in bg reading you'll be fine in the hists, and probably most other things too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)