B.O.W Help Needed! [Billboard/ Advertisement] (1 Viewer)

x Linda x

Hey guys,
I really need some help/ ideas regarding my major work.
I want to make a billboard (like an advertisement) but i am still unsure of the dimensions.
My topic is lips/ glamour & i want to convey the idea of "Body Image"... or something along those lines.
I am stuck for ideas but I definately want to use an image of Tyra Banks.
I am still unsure of my medium, as I don't know how I'm going to get my ideas on canvas, whether it be painting, sketch. I'm not sure, though I have plenty of images to use. :confused:
Any help is greatly needed & appreciated.
Thank you :)

jeska

the best way for you to decide mediums etc is through small scale experimentation, that will help you see what is most effective

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
as far as i know, there's no standard dimensions or proportions for billboards in ahstralia (or anywhere else).

depending on the other components of your major work (of you have any, and their sizes etc), it might end up having to be a relatively small model. which is a pity, since one of the most striking things about billboards is their size.

you could try inserting your billboard into real photos via photoshop or something similar... or what about other large-scale advertising media (ads on buses, bus-stop ads, shop displays, etc etc...)

soso

HSC
N/A
Real Billboards exceed size limits. If you use a real billboard it would have to be a documented work. You would have to got o a bill board company (see at the bottom of billboards for names) and ask their technical advice and costing,

how much do you want to spend????

x Linda x

Thanks everyone for your help.
I have finally decided to do a painting on a large canvas [portrait layout ]. I have chosen a captivating image of Tyra Banks conveying the ideology of perfection, & I will paint it differently from the original image so that her fringe will cover her eyes & go down to the middle of her nose, just to display the lips, which is my topic for my B.O.W. I will paint the lips so they stand out more then the rest of the painting.

I wanted to do it "Barbra Kreuger" style- using appropriation by putting image & text together. I want an inverse reaction to come through in the text, but I'm not sure what to have it saying.

Once again, any ideas/ suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks again. ;)

Last edited:

Skryp

.The Master.
HSC
^Thats insane..sounds exactly like one of my works..I'm almost finished..got a little stuck at the moment though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)