B. Nursing (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Anyone here studying Nursing?

Where do you do your pracs?

Would I be able to organise my own pracs at Dubbo Base or another state at any point?

Cheers!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
/me raises hand

I have my pracs at Greenwich (near St Leonards).

i have no clue abt the last bit, call them up and ask them.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Think I might after the long weekend, just emailed them then. No Uni in Sydney seems to offer placments outside of Sydney. I accept it costs alot of money to send students on prac, but with the massive shortage of nurses in rural areas, you'd think that Unis would be supported somehow by the government to offer placements outside Sydney Metro. It's just a bit of a joke imo.

Whats the course like at UTS? You at Kuring-Gai? whats the social life like? Sports clubs? (Womens Rugby would be great ;)) What year are you in?

Cheers
WR

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
nursing is great fun so far, people are great!
ahuhs located at kg
im not too sure on sports club, i assume you can search it up on the union website??

first year.

sally_33

HSC
what was the uai cutoff last year for nursing at uts?

thanks

salpal

nursing at uts is great fun and very social and *most* (stress most) of the time is fairly laid back

you cannot do clinical practice at somewhere like dubbo because nursing at uts entails that you are on prac once a week. because there are no uts campuses out west you cannot expect to be at dubbo one day a week and still attend your classes in sydney. uts doesnt pay any student transport fees for prac because alot of the students catch public transport....

in your 3rd year of nursing you can choose the major of nursing for rural health. maybe you would like to look into that?

sport at uts is good (from what ive heard) they offer womens touch and loads of other sports and other social clubs which you may be interested in

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
So UTS has rural health subjects? You only go once a week, rather than 2 week blocks? do you have any blocks, or just once a week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)