B Media in Writing (1 Viewer)

jizmiester

Please, any information on this course in the next few hours before Monday the 5th would be very much appreciated...

i am still tossing up between macquarie and university of wollongong...the courses are very similar...

input would ease a lot of the pain involved in decision making

Leanne

HSC
umm..sorry to burst ur bubble...but i no that u had to actually apply for this course will a portfolio and interview- which would have been carried out between sept- dec.

sorry- think u may have missed out there...:(

jizmiester

really???? i dont think thats right...im sure that would only be for mature age students and non-current school leavers...if you read page 148 of the uac guide it says it quite clearly...

Leanne

HSC
geez..i must have missed the very first line- ur right......

cos i was thinking of doing that course until i read that i needed a portfolio wiv creative NON_FICTION writing, and i havent really had the experience yet....

thanx for bringing that to my attention- i now have another preference to add to my list...:)

jizmiester

its all good...it seems i run into you leanne quite a bit between the wollongong and mac forums...what r you considerin? cos i am shit confused between mac and wollongong....just becos i have sum issues about leaving sydney just at this moment...

can i ask you which you may think is better?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm not sure, but if Macq is closer go there; because I don't think Macq could be too much worse (if it is the case?) than Gong.

Leanne

HSC
I want to get into journalism- but wiv a uai of only 87.75, it would be improssible to get into uts and i dont want to live in bathurst.

i would actually prefer wollongong, (journalism) for 3 main reasons...

1- i would just have to hop on one train and go straight to wollongong wivout having to change.

2- its been rated as the number one uni in the past 4 years and I've heard that you're highly likely to get a job afterwards.

3- it had reall nice grounds and has a great environment

but then again- macquarie uni is also rated as one of the top unis and also has beautiful grounds and a great atmosphere....also- there are more courses that i'd be interested in and likely to get into wiv most of them being around the 85 uai cut off mark..

so there u have it jizmiester- i dont care which one i get into- as long as its one of them!!! :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah. Personally, I luv living close to uni and wouldn't have it any other way...but that's just me.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't mind living closer too. But that's cos I've been unlucky enough to get timetables which require 5 days a week. :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you do subjects with several alternative lectures, then you might.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
That's if you do subjects with like 500-800 people in them; and not specifically quota-ed ones. :(

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
2 days is too hardcore. 3 days is pretty cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)