B Interior Architecture (1 Viewer)

UNSW !!
HSC
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts at UNSW atm and will be transferring for 2011 and I am seriously considering B Interior Architecture. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any insight into what you need to be able to do...?

Do you need to be able to draw well, have done Visual Arts/DT/etc subjects in high school, have done anything remotely like it before? :shy:

It looks really interesting but I want to have a better understanding of what's involved :)

Thanks guys !!

Monica.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You're smoking if that's you in your avatar.

And if you want to transfer you will want to search for the transfer policy between faculties. Transfers involve a mixture of your UAI and your WAM. If your WAM is below 75 (taking my friends Engineering -> Law transfer case here) then you need a UAI of like 98+ if I remember.

However, if your WAM is above 75, normally you should be able to get into it with no problems.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/InternalProgramTransfer.html

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You're smoking if that's you in your avatar.

And if you want to transfer you will want to search for the transfer policy between faculties. Transfers involve a mixture of your UAI and your WAM. If your WAM is below 75 (taking my friends Engineering -> Law transfer case here) then you need a WAM of like 98+ if I remember.

However, if your WAM is above 75, normally you should be able to get into it with no problems.

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/InternalProgramTransfer.html
dont u mean uai/atar?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
there may be some prerequisites, check a uac manual for the course description of interior architecture, but drawing and stuff im pretty sure they'll teach you.

and yeah do what tommy said, find out about the transfer policies, if there's any requirements you need to meet.

if you're transferring so u can start it in 2011, then you'll be competing for spots with the '10 hsc students, so yeah your wam and your uai/atar will count.

UNSW !!
HSC
Hi Everyone :)

Lol, umm yes that's me, thanks.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys - I know about the WAM of 70+ and I'm definitely there at the moment, just got to keep it going next semester :)

I was more wanting to find out the less technical side of the transfer - for example, I haven't had the pull towards this field until just recently and I wasn't sure if you had to be fabulously creative with innate ideas of interior architecture lol. I know what looks good and I believe that I can learn all the techniques I need to, I'm just worried that everyone else in the course will already have so many more skills in that area than I do and I just want to be prepared for that :) It won't stop me from doing it :)

Thanks again !!

Justina

HSC
I have a friend who is doing the course and from what I heard from her it's hard work. You have to do lots of technical sketches and models.
I don't think doing D&T or Art in high school would make much of a difference

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
My friend transferred over from UWS Industrial Design to this course. He's finding it half/half when it comes down to actually enjoying the course. Some weeks drain you physically and emotionally, but if it's what you really want to go for, it's all good :D

With that said, I feel emotionally and physically drained from my course at times too :p

max1216

HSC
I know what looks good and I believe that I can learn all the techniques I need to, I'm just worried that everyone else in the course will already have so many more skills in that area than I do and I just want to be prepared for that :) It won't stop me from doing it :)
While a half of the students in this course wanna transfer to others due to time pressure and working overload, you're the first one I've known wishing to get into it :)
You will learn everything throughout the course but it'd probably take you quite long time for getting used to it if you have no idea how to draw (like me). So i'd suggest you to practice free hand drawing and painting as much as you can. At first it might be depressive, but keep working and you'll end up just like others.
And good-looking designs are nothing unless they can "tell" the tutor that you're capable of design, it's not just putting nice things in a site, its about everything in your design talking the same story <<< that's what my tutor said....

UNSW !!
HSC
While a half of the students in this course wanna transfer to others due to time pressure and working overload, you're the first one I've known wishing to get into it :)
You will learn everything throughout the course but it'd probably take you quite long time for getting used to it if you have no idea how to draw (like me). So i'd suggest you to practice free hand drawing and painting as much as you can. At first it might be depressive, but keep working and you'll end up just like others.
And good-looking designs are nothing unless they can "tell" the tutor that you're capable of design, it's not just putting nice things in a site, its about everything in your design talking the same story <<< that's what my tutor said....
Haha, that's comforting :)

I've always worked really hard at no matter what - I mean, I have got to be the most stressed BA student ever! Haha! So no matter what degree I do, I'll work hard and stress out :)

I am quite nervous about doing it because I kind of picked it out of the blue when I realised I didn't want to do journalism.

This "talking the same story" that you spoke about, is it 'learn-able' in your opinion?

I just don't want to spend all this year stressing over a 70 WAM to change into B IntArch and be absolutely hopeless at it because I just thought it would be a great experience to learn and do something exciting...

I really want to do some short courses during the uni break, at least one, just to have done some kind of drawing/design related class.

Are you changing from B IntArch yourself? Was it hard to learn to draw?

Yes, I'm asking too many questions haha, sorry :)

max1216

HSC
Haha, that's comforting :)

I've always worked really hard at no matter what - I mean, I have got to be the most stressed BA student ever! Haha! So no matter what degree I do, I'll work hard and stress out :)

I am quite nervous about doing it because I kind of picked it out of the blue when I realised I didn't want to do journalism.

This "talking the same story" that you spoke about, is it 'learn-able' in your opinion?

I just don't want to spend all this year stressing over a 70 WAM to change into B IntArch and be absolutely hopeless at it because I just thought it would be a great experience to learn and do something exciting...

I really want to do some short courses during the uni break, at least one, just to have done some kind of drawing/design related class.

Are you changing from B IntArch yourself? Was it hard to learn to draw?

Yes, I'm asking too many questions haha, sorry :)
Nah, im not transferring to other courses due to some personal reasons. It's not that hard (as I thought at first) to learn drawing, as long as you like it, it just takes time...
About "talking the same story", it means like your design gotta have a character responding to your concept. That's what my lecturer call "learning by doing it"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)