B.I.T or standard computer science course? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I'm half cut between these two courses, I don't know what to do. B.I.T is more business related, where as comp sci is more technical. UTS has another course called BSc Info Tech which is 4 years ( 1 yr work exp) and you get to pick a major, with a B.I.T you don't get a major choice, but you get 45 grand and get 1 year work exp with them (2 yr studying, 1 yr unpiad working due to scholarship money).

I've been told that B.I.T is a much more recongised course by industry, and thus it is sponsored by scholarships left right and centre.

Is anyone else in this same situation?

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
what uni(s)?
My number 1 choice for B.I.T would be UTS, That is the only uni i'm interested in for B.I.T (Usyd and UNSW, the B.I.T courses look dull and ATAR requirements are too high)

After that I would choose a comp sci course either at UNSW or Usyd or Bsc Info Tech at UTS, or if worse comes to worse comp sci at UOW.

you learn bizneses stuff in IT, this is 100% true
I know it's very much business oriented, but there are still programming subjects you must do. Also you get 4 electives to choose from at UTS. Also it is a 3 year course, where i heard they cram 5 subjects in the 2nd year instead of 4 subjects which is what the other Bsc info techs course does. (4 yrs) I think a diploma is included for work experience. at UTS, not sure if its part of the 4 yrs or another year entirely.

Gigacube

HSC
It depends what you enjoy & want to do. I'd go for UTS as it offers internships which may help you gain a job once you graduate.

Xfire300

HSC
I guess computer science is broad. I am computer science graduate, and I can say it's a course where you are flexible to work in every computer related job.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I guess computer science is broad. I am computer science graduate, and I can say it's a course where you are flexible to work in every computer related job.
really what uni? I know its flexible, but i thought it was more 'technical minded'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)