B Human Movement (1 Viewer)

rolz

Anyone apply for B Human Movement
I did and i hope i get in coz its what i really wanna do.
Has anyone else heard the rumor that while doing the corse u actually get to cut up a dead person.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
sorry for bringing up an old topic, but i wanna if this rumour is true. cause if it is then im changing my preferences right away

rolz

Don't be worried ,
you dont actually get a cadaver
thats what i had been told last year
i actually started the course this year, you get to dissect cows knees, play with Sheeps lungs etc in anatomy, its a really good course and the guy u have for anatomy is really great. But the guy you will have for nutrition and pysiology is really boring.
Great course highly recommend it.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
what campus it at. u get to cut up all that shit in my course as well (pharmacy). if u wana u can go to the morgue and watch an ortopsie (spelling...meh).
if u really wanna cut dead ppl up u can if u do MRS at newcastle or speech path. in their anatomy classes thay have really humans.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
rolz said:
Don't be worried ,
you dont actually get a cadaver
thats what i had been told last year
i actually started the course this year, you get to dissect cows knees, play with Sheeps lungs etc in anatomy, its a really good course and the guy u have for anatomy is really great. But the guy you will have for nutrition and pysiology is really boring.
Great course highly recommend it.

ARGH!!!! cut up stuff? i thought this was just a course that teaches ppl how to get into top shape n stuff..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Kimmi_R

um i applied for this course and human movemen/teaching secondary, i thought it was mostly pe stuff and sport rehab, that kinda thing, there is less than an hour to change my preferences can anyone tell me what it really is? please!

kylie_robbo

You can change your preferences later, you just need to make the initial application before midnight.

Kimmi_R

yeah but doesnt it cost you to change them? i heard it was 82 bucks for late fees of changing them, and they have to be ones already on your list

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
changing is free, if u initially apply late then theres a fee.

so r u saying that it isnt about pe stuff and sport rehab?

Kimmi_R

i dont know, i hope it! thats what i thought it was about when i appled for it, the write up in the csu course brocher (not that you can get a great understanding about it in them) said tha it was.

bex

HSC
kimmi i think what you are assuming is right... the course is pe and about the body, some of my friends do it. i think they learn about nutrition and how the body works etc.

its a good course.. the people i know who do it really like it and its practical too.. in summer you do swimming classes and they just did one on dance so it sounds like lots of fun!

Kimmi_R

oh thanks heaps, im so happy to hear that! yeah im not actually a sports person, i do dance (which they said is the same anyway) did it for the hsc so im really excited about the course and hope i get in.:)

bex

HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
wat kinda career opportunities would doing this course provide?

This is from the CSU website....

The course offers career flexibility. Graduates may find employment in the areas of sport (coaching, sports administration), health promotion and fitness industries (corporate/community fitness programming, personal trainer), rehabilitation (exercise programming for special populations), preventive medicine (cardiac technician), school health and physical education (PDPHPE teacher), or research.

You can also combine the degree with another- the ones available are psychology, business, journalism and teaching. Combined degrees obviously take longer though...

And Kimmi... glad i could help.. good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)