B Engineering (Renewable Energy) in USYD? (1 Viewer)

dcmario

HSC
I made it into this course during main round offer "Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology/B of Information Technology - full time at University of Sydney"
However during late round I was offered this "
Bachelor of Engineering (Photovoltaics and Solar Energy or Renewable Energy) - full time at UNSW"

I want to do something with renewable energy in the future, but i wanted to know if USYD would offer anything similar. Ive already applied for USYD and itll be a hassle to re apply/withdraw from unis + the travel distance to UNSW kinda bothers me (Being on time isnt one of my things ).

Any suggestions on what i can do?:confused2:

braith anasta

Banned
HSC
man it was so hard to go onto the usyd website and search 'renewable energy' too

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
UNSW is famous of its pioneering work on photovoltaic technology. In fact Shi Zhengrong, who did his PhD there, went on to found Suntech Power Holdings in China, now the world's largest manufacturer of Solar Panels. (another case of pioneering a technology but not being able to capitalise on it here in Australia)

Last edited:

tea7_12

HSC
N/A
It does not really matter where you study the similar course - Renewable Energy - indeed, this is your good choice.
Rather, it depends on how serious or hard you stduy in your near future.

Good luck and study hard.

dcmario

HSC
Is the USYD course OK as well, or is the UNSW course more promising?
Coz ATM my mind set has been at USYD ( since i applied at main round thinking it was ok), but if UNSW is more highly recommended. Its best if i change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)