B Engineering/B Arts (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'm thinking of doing this combined degree as Engineering has always been an option (could probably tell by my subjects) but I've also a great love for Psychology that I really want to study it.

What I don't get is, how come some degrees have B Civil Engineering or B Aeronautical Engineering? What's the difference? I'm thinking of doing Civil Engineering but since the degree only says B Engineering, is there a difference?

Can someone also explain if I do take up this combined degrees, what sort of subjects/majors do I need to do?

Thanks alot in advanced.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
tommykins said:
I'm thinking of doing this combined degree as Engineering has always been an option (could probably tell by my subjects) but I've also a great love for Psychology that I really want to study it.

What I don't get is, how come some degrees have B Civil Engineering or B Aeronautical Engineering? What's the difference? I'm thinking of doing Civil Engineering but since the degree only says B Engineering, is there a difference?

Can someone also explain if I do take up this combined degrees, what sort of subjects/majors do I need to do?

Thanks alot in advanced.
Degree is called Engineering / Arts

When you get accepted into UNSW and your enrolling something will pop up saying "Which Engineering Major" and a big list will come down.
Simply pick civil.

Secondly, For arts, you dont specify your major, basically you just pick 48 UOC (equivalent to 8 subjects of Pshychology) and then you will automatically qualify to graduate in BA (psychology)
However i think they may say "UOC for Arts component 92UOC" so you may need to fill the remainder of the UOC with (more pshychology subjects) or other Arts subjects.

NOTE:
UOC = Units of Credit
Each subject worth 6UOC

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: B Engineering/B Arts

Omium said:
Degree is called Engineering / Arts

When you get accepted into UNSW and your enrolling something will pop up saying "Which Engineering Major" and a big list will come down.
Simply pick civil.

Secondly, For arts, you dont specify your major, basically you just pick 48 UOC (equivalent to 8 subjects of Pshychology) and then you will automatically qualify to graduate in BA (psychology)
However i think they may say "UOC for Arts component 92UOC" so you may need to fill the remainder of the UOC with (more pshychology subjects) or other Arts subjects.

NOTE:
UOC = Units of Credit
Each subject worth 6UOC
Thank you for your help :)

Also - for the UOC, do I complete all the units during my degree? Or does it change each year? Just the sound of 8 subjects sounds alot :|

Last edited:

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: B Engineering/B Arts

4 UOC per subject (most of what you'll be taking)
4 subjects per session
2 sessions per year
4 years for straight engineering
5 years for engineering/arts (so yes, 240 UOC total for this)

is that what you mean?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: B Engineering/B Arts

Ah I understand now, thank you.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Can someone tell me the difference between B Science (Psychlogy) and B Arts (Psychology) combined with B Engineering (Civil) ?

Morbo

HSC
Isnt it obvious? In a BE/BA you do Arts electives whereas a BE/BS you do Science electives. If you're planning to only do Psychology courses throughout your entire degree, then they are basically the same. However, you may not get enough arts/science electives (for BE/BS you only get 10 Science electives) to complete a psychology major so you'll have to look at each individual program plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)