b economics vs b com (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
can u transfer into commerce from eco ... if u wanna do actuary

as in transfer to first yr commerce agn =.="

i haf no idea wut i wanna do if i cant get into actuary at mac or unsw...
of course you can
but, if you transfer from eco to commerce, you'd only have to catch up on ACTL1001 (1 subject) - the rest of the subjects you'll get full credit for - so basically, you go straight into 2nd yr commerce

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
can u transfer into commerce from eco ... if u wanna do actuary

as in transfer to first yr commerce agn =.="

i haf no idea wut i wanna do if i cant get into actuary at mac or unsw...
Well, if you can't get into UNSW Actuarial, you definitely won't get into Macq Actuarial. Having said that, you can attempt to transfer after 1 year.

To be honest, you'll probably find it easier to transfer from Commerce at Macq to Commerce-Actuarial Studies at Macq. However, you'll struggle cos the average person doing Actuarial has a UAI in like the mid 98s (judging from the double degrees cut-offs).

It may be a little harder to try to transfer from Economics at UNSW to Commerce at UNSW, but the Actuarial program there would be easier and less competitive.

Having said all that, find something you want and can do, and go for it! (Which may or may not mean Actuarial)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
of course you can
but, if you transfer from eco to commerce, you'd only have to catch up on ACTL1001 (1 subject) - the rest of the subjects you'll get full credit for - so basically, you go straight into 2nd yr commerce
ooo ok so if i dun make the cutoff for commerce @ unsw

the best course which i will have the best chances in transferring for commerce is ecoz @ unsw ? or wud ya suggest doing commerce at another uni dat has a lower cutoffz?

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i would def recommend doing eco if you can't get into commerce. you do the same subjects, so the effect of transferring into commerce is nothing. you will have made friends there too in your 1st year. so no need to adjust to anything new :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Originally posted by mic
i would def recommend doing eco if you can't get into commerce. you do the same subjects, so the effect of transferring into commerce is nothing. you will have made friends there too in your 1st year. so no need to adjust to anything new :)
Minai perfect example

aditya

HSC
if u kill 4unts maths, which u shoudl if uwanna do acturial, and go decentin english, then ur set for 96.5 anyway! if u dunt get 96, then its likely that u didnt go good in maths, so acturial just isnt for u

addz

HSC
Originally posted by aditya
if u kill 4unts maths, which u shoudl if uwanna do acturial, and go decentin english, then ur set for 96.5 anyway! if u dunt get 96, then its likely that u didnt go good in maths, so acturial just isnt for u
very vague generalisation..but yea..
i dont do maths (cept for QMA)...but one of my friends does acturial and some others do higher maths (below acturial level)...
i dont think they finding it fun..or easy ...or enjoyable...but thats to be expected
its preferable to be relatively good at maths...but you could probably study your ass off....they need like tutorers for uni maths..i think..like they did in high school

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
bleh. i kill MATH1151 class. being probably the only person without 4unit rofls. i'm screwed:( but hey i will beat redslert:)

Shawny

timmy is like the this tornado that just came outta no where

his sweeping com and science clear for a HD

Shawny

oh hey timmy nice to see u removed ur DOB and icq no. from ur profile

dun want anymore stalkers do ya?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)