B Design (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Does anyone do this degree?

If so, what's it like? Enjoyable? Good Lecturers and Facilities etc etc?

Thanks!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Mmmm. It was my last preference anyway, but I changed it to B Arts in Media Comm at UNSW, because for the first semester they do drawing etc, and there's a lot of other stuff I'm not capable of doing as well. :(

The second you take me away from a computer im incompetent :p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
neo_o said:
Mmmm. It was my last preference anyway, but I changed it to B Arts in Media Comm at UNSW, because for the first semester they do drawing etc, and there's a lot of other stuff I'm not capable of doing as well. :(

The second you take me away from a computer im incompetent :p
maybe you should consider the digital media course at cofa?

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I'm doing it at the moment, but I'm changing next year coz I'm not enjoying it much. That's personal though, it's not what I want to do anymore. It's nice coz the campus is small plus fairly easy to get to, and there are less people which means it's easier to access lecturers and tutors etc. It also lets them take a roll in lectures though :p

It's lots of work too so don't do it unless you're committed. Most of it is practical stuff like models and drawings (in first year at least) instead of essays. But if you want to be a designer of any sort I would recommend it coz it's a pretty good course for that.

DaRanjed

I REALLY want to do Design at CoFA but I only have a UAI of 89.55.
Is there any chance I can get in?

frazzle

HSC
i'm deciding between Vis Comm (UTS) or Design / Digital Media (COFA). i've been researching/thinking all year about what i can possibly do, now i've finally decided what specific area i want to go into, i have to decide which uni and which course. i just want to make sure i make a well informed decision before jan 5th.

help!

Kulazzi

HSC
sorry, but can someone tell me what COFA stands for? C..... O......... Faculty of Arts?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
does anyone have the cut off marks for the last few years for design?
thanks

oliverbedon89

HSC
N/A
Wow 2004 thread bumped.. anyway, I'm considering either COFA Digital Media, Bachelor of Media (Media Production) or Design / Education.

I'm leaning towards B of Media because both Design and Digital Media is in COFA + heard both needs capable 'art' ability.

I'm looking for more...web design, graphic design, film industry etc. area. Plus I'd also want to do Education as my parents insist lol. So anyway for those who've done Design or Digital Media, what's it like?

I know from other thread that B of Arts in (Media and Communication) was mostly theory-based. So I was wondering what others courses are like.

Cheers for info in advance.

D2B09

HSC
N/A
Hi, im doing my HSC this year, and i'm just considering some courses i might want to do, and this is one of them, but i dont know if i'll actually like it. Well im really into designing things especially fashion, so i was wondering if this course could get me into fashion ?( I'm only saying this because, at UTS, they're ahve have a fashion course but the UAI is 96, and i doubt i can get that, but i'm aiming to get something in the low 90's) If not, can someone give me some details on the course, including major studies and career opportunities.

Thanks!

m83m79

HSC
N/A
bumped the old thread yet again lol

But, like the last post I was wondering about the COFA B Design. I'm interested in design and making things (particularly fashion) so I was wondering about how the course could link into fashion work even though it's not available as a major?
And if anyone knows about the real-life employment prospects upon graduation?? (no one has answered that ANYWHERE)

wcc123

HSC
Bumped the thread once more.

Just want some opinions from people who are considering it/ doing it on what it is like?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)