B. Design in Industrial Design (1 Viewer)

_kc

HSC
N/A
Who is doing Industrial Design? I don't see a lot of people mentioning it. If you do it, do you enjoy it?

PhoenixFire

Photographer
HSC
Well i'm Planning to do this if i dont get in to b.Viscomm cause thats higher uai, i also hope to transfer from this course after 1 year.

But this course is great too, my mate is working hard to get into it. its great if you are a real hands-on person, adn you like to make things better looking and more ergonmic.. if i do follow this path i hoped to work for Canon and fix up some of their camera body design flaws..

But this is one of the best courses if you look to design physical stuff..

ps. i am not currently doing it but if i dont get 90+ UAI i will be :)

DH1988

HSC
PhoenixFire said:
Well i'm Planning to do this if i dont get in to b.Viscomm cause thats higher uai, i also hope to transfer from this course after 1 year.
That's my plan exactly :)

c-to-the-c

HSC
Yeh I also put down industrial design, but just wondering if its more of a "man" thing? hahaha i dont wanna be the only girl in a class of 300!

juni

juni
HSC
Musk said:
sorry 06ers, UTS students have alot of social time and they dont go here :)

anyways to your questions

1. it is a mixed based ( however i believe it is female based)

2. why wait a yr, you can transfer 2nd semister with uts internal course transfer,

3. that faculty ( im doing construction engineer so i do alot of their subjects)

4. they have an admin office once u get into uts where they can help you and their very helpful ppl unlike the enginering admins :bomb:
no they do not have mid year internal course transfer into any of the Design courses.(I'm in design, expecting to transfer next year)

The problem with industrial design for me was it does involve some mathematical calculations and engineering. So be prepared. Or else, it's probably not the right course for you. Also there are workshops, which is just like your school D&T workshops. Be prepared for that as well. These components could encourage or discourage you from doing the course.

The gender ratio for ID is about 6:4 male:female, there's slightly more male than female.

For all the other Design majors, the gender ratio is 1:9 for fashion and interior.. lol.(there's about 6 male in interior and very very few in fashion) and probably... hmmm 4:6 for vis comm

Last edited:

juni

juni
HSC
Musk said:
anything from ur faculty in my faculty eyes is not engineering and i hear stories the lecturers hate the construction engys bcoz we look down on them
well, obviously there's going to be less 'engineering' than someone doing a bachelor of engineering degree, but I just wanted others to be aware that ID is not purely artistic at all, and alot of 'creative' people are against mathematics, so from their perspective, even the slightest touch of engineering could be considered a torture, so anybody considering ID should definately consider this in mind.
I think the best fitted people would be those who don't mind maths and physics, along with visual arts and D&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)