• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B computer science and technology @ usyd question (1 Viewer)

mesful

HSC
Hello all. I am considering transferring to the B computer science and technology course at usyd and i am wondering whether it is vital or not to do the ELEC1103 Fundamentals of Elec and Electronic Engineering subject as it is a recommended elective. Would it affect me if I chose not to do the subject?

I ask this because I have not done physics during high school and i do not plan on doing the bridging course for it.

also, i would like to know what amount of physics is used throughout the whole course.

thanks

LordPc

HSC
Computer science is not really related to physics at all. that ELEC course is probably to help you understand what is going on in a computer at a more primitive level, but IMO its not at all vital to studies in computer science. maths is way more important

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I've done the course before. It's primarily based on circuit theory, aimed more at the computer/electrical/telecom engineers. Unless you plan to focus on embedded systems or you have a keen interest in circuit theory, i would not recommend taking it.

Take INFO1003 instead if you are looking into doing web development/information systems, or another elective from outside IT and Elec Eng. PHIL1012 (introductory logic) is good if you're doing computer science, and some of the ARIN subjects if you're doing web development/information systems (although from what i've heard, ARIN is heaps easier).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)