B Commerce v B Commerce (Liberal studies) (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
I've had a bit of a turn around with arts and i'm basically looking to transfer into either B Commerce / Arts or B Commerce Liberal studies with the intention of majoring in Marketing.

I'm fairly shitty at maths, having not done it in Year 12, so taking into account the core units in each, is it more advisable I do Liberal studies as opposed to commerce and arts?

In the field of Marketing, Is one essentially more attractive / employable than the other?

Thanks guise.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
what liberal studies allows you to do is pick up another major, so you could have essentially 3 majors with 1 degree. (or 2 majors and 1 minor?)

But on the downside, you have an extra year you gotta do.

That said, they're both the same basically. same core subjects, same majors, etc.
up to you if you awnt to study that extra year for an extra major.

``edit: just realised that this was in the USYD forum. -___-" correct me if i'm wrong USYD'ers

historykidd

HSC
rofl nvm i just saw the cut off for commerce (lib) much too high ^______^

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
pm Stazi, he'll give you a decent idea, he's pulled it off and is in his final year of a marketing major.

kokodamonkey

HSC
im doing b com / b arts. its sweet. you have total freedom of how you plan your units of study. i dont think you really need to have done maths or not to satisfy the accounting 1a etc. (i did very well at maths in the hsc and it plays no part at all of my ability in ACCT1001). So dont feel to worried about that.

ledzeppelin

HSC
historykidd said:
I've had a bit of a turn around with arts and i'm basically looking to transfer into either B Commerce / Arts or B Commerce Liberal studies with the intention of majoring in Marketing.

I'm fairly shitty at maths, having not done it in Year 12, so taking into account the core units in each, is it more advisable I do Liberal studies as opposed to commerce and arts?

In the field of Marketing, Is one essentially more attractive / employable than the other?

Thanks guise.
I'm in second year Commerce/Arts, but I'm transferring to Commerce (Liberal Studies) next year as I've realised I don't want to major in anything in Arts.
I think your maths may be a bit of a problem in a few of the units you have to do in Commerce/Arts, like economics and stats.

historykidd

HSC
Thanks guys ^^^

I'll probably do a bridging course and go to commerce / arts.

ledzeppelin

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Did you get in?
Congrats :)
lol haven't even applied yet :p
I'm pretty confident I'll be able to transfer though, cause I had the UAI required originally and my uni marks have been pretty good so far

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I transferred from Eco & Social Sciences to B Commerce (Liberal Studies) with a 92.75 UAI. For a marketing pathway, I can't imagine a better course than B Com (lib).

It's also the perfect number of years: you can get work experience and increase your chances of a grad job, but not go to uni for so many years that it'll become boring.

You also won't be stuck doing a shitload of redundant subjects, as per the commerce degree.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
With that said, some of those subjects are important to do. I think accounting 1A and B are excellent for getting some business financials: seeing how all the numbers work together. I regret not doing the first finance unit, too.

cyncyn2007

HSC
I want to transfer from Commerce/Arts to Commerce (Liberal Studies) now, but I only had a UAI of 89.75, what sort of average would I need to transfer?
I planned to major in Japanese, but I realy dislike the way they teach it at usyd, so I gave up on that idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)