B Commerce - Prof. Accg + B App.Fin (1 Viewer)

Proteus

HSC
Does anyone do this course?

What are the job prospects of it, does anyone have experience with finding jobs/ getting CPA / CA status and actually gaining whatever accreditation ASIC requires for selling securities / stocks ?

Also how does it fare with "prestige" and how is it looked upon by employers?

Now aside from the course..

I'm from Hong Kong (been here for 83% of my life) and wondering how "uni life" is at Macquarie. Are there many Asian girls there? :tongue: I'd assume being so far away from lots of places. there isn't much you can do apart from "hanging" and "chilling" on campus?

:awesome:

I'm asking now because I kinda need to consider some of my options as some ATAR estimates may have put me just out of what I'd ideally want :eek:

Cheers
:sun:

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Does anyone do this course?

What are the job prospects of it, does anyone have experience with finding jobs/ getting CPA / CA status and actually gaining whatever accreditation ASIC requires for selling securities / stocks ?

Also how does it fare with "prestige" and how is it looked upon by employers?

Now aside from the course..

I'm from Hong Kong (been here for 83% of my life) and wondering how "uni life" is at Macquarie. Are there many Asian girls there? :tongue: I'd assume being so far away from lots of places. there isn't much you can do apart from "hanging" and "chilling" on campus?

:awesome:

I'm asking now because I kinda need to consider some of my options as some ATAR estimates may have put me just out of what I'd ideally want :eek:

Cheers
:sun:
Job prospects: very good, try to do a related internship during your degree as this will boost your chances of getting a graduate position. CPA/CA etc accreditation - many large firms will actually sponsor you, so you will be able to acquire the practical components etc whilst you are doing your job.

Prestige/Employers: in general, the business/commerce etc area of Macquarie is looked at favourably by employers and they have a strong reputation for it. Particularly, accounting is a very large program on campus and many of the graduates go on to work for the big 4/mid-tier firms or overseas.

Uni life: Macquarie has a really nice campus, there are shops etc around. There is also a strong Asian community on campus with lots of student societies dedicated to this, so you will definitely not be alone or bored whilst you are there.

Proteus

HSC
Job prospects: very good, try to do a related internship during your degree as this will boost your chances of getting a graduate position. CPA/CA etc accreditation - many large firms will actually sponsor you, so you will be able to acquire the practical components etc whilst you are doing your job.

Prestige/Employers: in general, the business/commerce etc area of Macquarie is looked at favourably by employers and they have a strong reputation for it. Particularly, accounting is a very large program on campus and many of the graduates go on to work for the big 4/mid-tier firms or overseas.

Uni life: Macquarie has a really nice campus, there are shops etc around. There is also a strong Asian community on campus with lots of student societies dedicated to this, so you will definitely not be alone or bored whilst you are there.
Thank you for your detailed response and insnights......

That's what I was hoping to hear!

Only downside if I do end up needing to go to Maquarie is the distance I need to travel to get there..... some 30+ mins by car haha.

It'll be costly, but I'm fairly sure the B. Comm - Prof Acc + B. App.Fin is a pretty decent course and as long as you are actively involved in extra curricular activities, societies, internships etc... and have a reasonable overall result, that should be pretty good, right?

:)

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Thank you for your detailed response and insnights......

That's what I was hoping to hear!

Only downside if I do end up needing to go to Maquarie is the distance I need to travel to get there..... some 30+ mins by car haha.

It'll be costly, but I'm fairly sure the B. Comm - Prof Acc + B. App.Fin is a pretty decent course and as long as you are actively involved in extra curricular activities, societies, internships etc... and have a reasonable overall result, that should be pretty good, right?

:)
No worries, try 2 hours on public transport... :) The distance isn't that much of a problem once you figure out how to use the time, e.g. travel is a great way to catch up on lectures.

Agreed, and if you stay actively involved, you'll have lots of fun.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Would you need to complete a CPA to get a decent job?

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Would you need to complete a CPA to get a decent job?
Depends on what you would consider a decent job or in fact, what career path you are interested in? I have yet to hear of one CPA/CA complain that their training and certification was useless. If you are referring to getting a job immediately after or during university studies - there are many students who gain "decent" employment without the CPA but some companies will either require or sponsor you to complete the CPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)