B commerce/law VS B commerce (international) (1 Viewer)

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
I have a really big dilemma...

I can't choose between commerce/law or commerce (international) because i really want to do an exchange program and learn another language..

please help me with the pro's and cons to decide...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you dont have to do international to do an exchange program. com/law all the way!

M@C D@DDY

HSC
you can always do arts/law and study a language as your major. and com/law does not stop you from doing an exchange program, so I guess this is a second vote for law. No bias of course...:wave:

Conspirocy

HSC
I guess what's been said so far is correct if you want to work in law.

1st of all if you have no interest in working in commerce over law then don't bother doing com, do the arts/law and study a language. Personally, I don't see you ever using that language in your work in law. Let me correct that, it's highly unlikely.

2nd i was going to write something else, but seriously it looks like a shit degree (just looked at it) except for the year overseas...anyway if you are actually interested in languages and working in commerce you should probably do a com/arts degree and apply for the international exchange--->which is 6 months instead of a year, i wouldnt lose much sleep over 6 months less.

HSC
alot of languages allow you too do exchange programs over summer, or normal semester. even in just a plain arts degree

Capitalist

HSC
It seems to me that you have an interest in business, thus the BCom. If that's the case, then don't do arts - do what Frigid suggested.

Do you have even a slight interest in law? If you do, then definitely Com/Law. I find law really interesting and thoroughly enjoy it, and would never pass up an opportunity to do it. Put it this way, as you have the required UAI, do Com/Law, if you don't like law or would prefer just BCom (Int'l), you can always drop the law component.

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
thank you! i put com/law first at unsw...hopefully the cut off doesnt go up higher ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)