• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Commerce B Economics (1 Viewer)

joe_rulez37

HSC
I have read a lot about transferring on BOS regarding B Eco to B Commerce. I guess the general consensus is that if you do B Eco at UNSW, you can transfer to B Comm the next year and still be on a level playing field? Is that correct?

Also, transferring from B Eco at UNSW to B Commerce at UNSW is basically the same as transferring from B Business at UTS to B Commerce at UNSW. (ie no disadvantages) Would that be correct?

Thanks a lot.

Conspirocy

HSC
1. UNSW doesnt recognise the core subjects from uts, so people who transfer have to start over. Not so sure about options but probably the same.

2. yes you can transfer from B Ec to B Com ---> I did this last year, and in the late round as thats when I put in my application. I was in B Ec saw the Com/Ec Degree and had to do it. I'm not good to ask because my UAI was higher than the entry mark for the course, I had a credit average with my uni marks as well.

I think it might be harder this year to transfer from B Ec to B Com because there is a greater gap between Ec cut off and Com cut off like 85 -- 93. If you are down the lower end in terms of UAI then might make it harder.

General rule for transfer into com when it was 96 was uai of 90 and credit average. Only problem with this rule was Ec was 93

so going by that Id say you would need a uai of 90 and a credit average to transfer in

dan_viper88

HSC
Conspirocy said:
1. UNSW doesnt recognise the core subjects from uts, so people who transfer have to start over. Not so sure about options but probably the same.

2. yes you can transfer from B Ec to B Com ---> I did this last year, and in the late round as thats when I put in my application. I was in B Ec saw the Com/Ec Degree and had to do it. I'm not good to ask because my UAI was higher than the entry mark for the course, I had a credit average with my uni marks as well.

I think it might be harder this year to transfer from B Ec to B Com because there is a greater gap between Ec cut off and Com cut off like 85 -- 93. If you are down the lower end in terms of UAI then might make it harder.

General rule for transfer into com when it was 96 was uai of 90 and credit average. Only problem with this rule was Ec was 93

so going by that Id say you would need a uai of 90 and a credit average to transfer in
Im starting a B economics this year and my UAI in 2005 was 89.85 do you think a credit average would be sufficent to transfer. As im wanting to do a major in accounting do you rekon i should take the Legt 1711 subject (legal environment of commerce) and INFS 1602 (the info systems subject) in my first year with the compulsory 6 core subjects, or just do the 6 core cores so that i have a better chance of a transfer. Is 6 subjects in 1 year a suffiecient amount to transfer or are 8 subjects the minimum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)