B commerce/ B arts (1 Viewer)

*sarah*

HSC
What does everyone think about this course? In first year are you able to do some arts courses - eg i really want to keep up my language course. Oh yeah also, how come this degree takes 5yrs while bcommerce/bscience only takes 4???? i would have thought science would take just as long if not longer.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you do a BCom/BA, you still have to do 144 Commerce credit points (the same amount as a straight BCom), however with a BCom/BSci, you do less commerce credit points, and hence it is 4 years instead of 5

With the BCom/BA, you'd typically do the 6 commerce core subjects in 1st year, along with 2 arts subjects (1 every semester) which could be your language 1A and 1B or whatever.

Affinity

HSC
As much as I think UNSW is better than Usyd :D, you might want to look into B.Com(liberal studies) at usyd

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
is it worth spending an extra 2 years for this qualification? i'm still deciding whether to combine commerce with arts because i also want to keep up my language skills but 2 years seems like a long long time. What other advantages are there if i also do B Arts?

Affinity

HSC
you are more matured when you get out of here.
I think it has the same rationale as the why they insist that law should be combined.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
no they do it for law because they don't want to create a race of parasitic blood suckers

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
mushroom_head said:
is it worth spending an extra 2 years for this qualification? i'm still deciding whether to combine commerce with arts because i also want to keep up my language skills but 2 years seems like a long long time. What other advantages are there if i also do B Arts?
yeah i'm in the same boat - trying to decide whether to combine with Arts or to just do a single degree and do the language as part of a double major.

A lot of my friends think that the combined degree "looks better" to employers. The only thing is that (if i've read correctly) for the BA part of it only half your courses can be from the one area/school/whatever. So i would have to do subjects from other areas besides Modern Languages, some of which don't seem that interesting...

also with double degree you can double major for the commerce component...which might be useful...

arrrghh can't decide

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Kazuya said:
The only thing is that (if i've read correctly) for the BA part of it only half your courses can be from the one area/school/whatever. So i would have to do subjects from other areas besides Modern Languages, some of which don't seem that interesting...
can't we do 2 languages in B Arts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)