B business B computing or BBA with BIT? (1 Viewer)

nizmo

nizmo
HSC
Im currently tossing up between two courses - B business B computing at UTS and B Business admin with B Information technology at Mac. UTS seems to be more flexible, is good at the I.T. side and provides the advantage of having professional recognition. Mac, on the other hand is extremely good in the area of business, easy to get to (from where I am), and requires a higher UAI to get in. I have the UAI to get into both courses, but unsure as to which course would be the better one. Which course is better?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
B Business/B Computing - UTS:
As a student of the former, I can say UTS provides a practical course which allows you to choose a major of what you really want to do (accounting, finance, marketing etc.); also the computing at UTS is more a practical/fundamental course- which allows you to chose from a couple of IT majors (excluding theoretical application like mathematics).
Other IT courses such as BScIT and BIT (both UTS) have more emphasis on information technology- such as other advanced subjects and industrial training. If you are looking to do a straight business course, the B Business lets you do 2 business (or a non-business) major/s.
In terms of workload the double degree at UTS will feel like a single degree load but just one year longer (one of the many benefits).
Other information can be found in the UTS general thread and the Information Technology subthread.

I believe there are differences between these courses i.e. Business and Business administration are not the same, this also goes with Computing and Information Technology. Don't choose the one with the higher UAI- let it be the one that you really want to do =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)