B business B computing or BBA with BIT? (1 Viewer)

nizmo

nizmo
HSC
Im currently tossing up between two courses - B business B computing at UTS and B Business admin with B Information technology at Mac. UTS seems to be more flexible, is good at the I.T. side and provides the advantage of having professional recognition. Mac, on the other hand is extremely good in the area of business, easy to get to (from where I am), and requires a higher UAI to get in. I have the UAI to get into both courses, but unsure as to which course would be the better one. Which course is better?

hellomike

HSC
I have been to a few lectures of a friend of mine who is currently studying B. Business B. Computing at UTS. From what I can see, the Macquarie course is focusing I.T in terms of Business. Where as, UTS you are learning an equal side of both Business and I.T. This means you learn about Sales, Marketing, Promotions and then Programming, understanding computer systems. Obviously you are going to learn I.T within a business environment but you get to learn more of both.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
UAI really shouldnt be the determining factor in this choice. I did BBus/BComp at UTS last year and transferred into BBA/BIT this year - this was for a number of reasons. I beleive that Mac will be a little more flexible in terms of Electives you can take, take a look at the handbook entry and look at the units you can take in 3rd year at mac .. theres some interesting stuff there including Programming, Security etc..

Ultimately it will depend on you .. another reason why I moved was for the campus itself so theres a number of elements that contribute to this choice. Worst case scenario the transfer option is always there.

If you want to know anything else about bbus/bcomp let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)