B. Business Administration at ANU, is this a good course? (1 Viewer)

tomn8r

HSC
I know ANU is one of, if not Australia's Top University and the course outline for Business Administration sounds very interesting and appealing to me.
I want to major in Marketing and pursue a career in Brand Management.

However, I know that ANU is a very researched based university and I'm lead to believe from what I have read that it's strengths are its international relations/Law and Science departments.

I also know that many careers such as Marketing are very much about 'who you know' and about the practical experiences you get outside of university. Is Canberra a 'happening enough' place to be able to graduate and have good job prospects.

The UAI cutoffs and Living costs make ANU a very favourable choice, but I can also possiably get into Business at UTS Karangi Campus....and Business Management at MQ.

Your thoughts please.
:)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Is Canberra a 'happening enough' place to be able to graduate and have good job prospects.
for sure dude, most of the businesses will either be government positions, or contractors working for the government. I've seen almost all the government sectors offering graduate positions + undergrad holiday work. However, at the end of the day, you can go elsewhere! you're not limited to the city you study in!

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
To be honest with you mate, I think the degree sounds really corny and generic (like some uni made it up themself). I think you'll be safer doing a B Commerce, because it has marketing as a major. And it's pretty much a globally recognised degree (like Law/Science/Arts/Economics/Engineering etc). Secondly commerce is a good degree becuase you can do another major (like management just as an e.g.) with it, in the same time (3 years). So you can widen your job prospects much more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)