• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Bus B Scit Majors (1 Viewer)

nizmo

nizmo
HSC
Hey,

I am currently in first year and am planning to select marketing as my major for business. I have heard that if there are not a certain number of students enrolling for a particular major the major will not run. Is this true? If so, what are the chances of marketing not running? Does any1 know how many of the majors usually run?

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Classes not running are dependent on individual subjects rather than majors. You will find that some subjects will form part of more than 1 major. In the case of the marketing major, you will find that this major shares some of its subjects with the advertising major, as well as various marketing and advertising sub-majors offered in different courses outside of Business. The chances of the marketing major running is high because it has run in previous years. As I said, there is nothing stopping you from selecting a major, it's more dependent on indidivual subjects. If a particular subject is not available and not running, then you either do it later in your course or they will allow you to choose an equivalent subject (even if it happens to be a post graduate one). The core subjects in the marketing major should be running at least one semester a year (so make sure you plan this out in advance).

nizmo

nizmo
HSC
Hey thanks alot! This makes alot more sense to me now. So basically, even if some of the subjects making up marketing don't run, I can select a similar subject to the one that did not run, or in worst case I can do it another semester when the subject actually does run.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
as for Bsci there are a range of majors to choose from, usually what you do is complete your first yr subjects and see what type of science interests you the most- then go from there

any other questions talk to ken brown for Bsci related questions

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I doubt it. Marketing is the third most popular UTS Business major (after Accounting and Finance). As Jase said, it may run in one semester only, but it isn't too hard to organize, seeing that you are doing BScIT you can mix it up a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)