b. arts..? (1 Viewer)

orly?

HSC
someone enlighten me, why do 'arts' courses require so little uai compared to business/law or medicine?
is it because you're not majoring that particular course but only studying it as a 'sub' course?
if you continue the arts degree, is there any way you can major in that particular course?

i`m thinking of doing accounting after uni but i want to know what options i have left if i don't get the required uai; be it arts at uni or dip. accounting @ TAFE then transferring to uni for a b. commerce..

thanks for reading.:sleep:

shannonm

HSC
N/A
supply/demand.

there's a shitload of people out there that want to do med, just for the hell of it and they think its cool.
how many people (as a proportion of hsc grads) want to do arts? not many at all.

the reason arts is lower these days is because about 10 years or so ago arts was the 'general' degree - i.e. if people didn't know what they wanted to do at/after uni, they did arts.

these days commerce is the new arts degree. if people don't know what they want to do after uni, doing a commerce/business degree will now give them the 'general' skills that could get them employed, even if you have no interest or ability in it

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I've got no clue of what to do, however was thinking after travelling maybe doing a Bachelor of Arts (Sociology). Oh, and I like that you don't need a high UAI for it.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
shannonm said:
supply/demand.
As above. Arts certainly won't stop you from having a successful/happy career but it doesn't feed as directly into well paid professions as (for example) commerce, law, engineering, medicine and dentistry. I'm sure you can work out why this generates higher demand.

HSC
ticky2002 said:
I've got no clue of what to do, however was thinking after travelling maybe doing a Bachelor of Arts (Sociology). Oh, and I like that you don't need a high UAI for it.
Where at ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)