B Applied Finance and B Economics Help (1 Viewer)

slix_88

HSC
Hi Guys,

I know a person who has just been admitted to the course above. Only problem is that she got it as a 3rd round offer and needs to make subject choices ASAP.

I am wondering if there is any document which outlines what subject choices are recommended each year. The only document which can be found is as follows:

http://www.econ.mq.edu.au/Econ_docs/student_support/BAppFin_BEc_2010.pdf

However, it would be better if there is any link such as the one below (for B Economics and Actuarial):

Bachelor of Applied Finance with Bachelor of Actuarial Studies (BAppFin/BActStud) - Faculty of Business and Economics - Macquarie University

The only problem she's having is with ECON241. Can she do this first year, first semester? I'm not sure if she can since I'm enrolled in an Actuarial Program where we were expected to do a 200-level subject in the first year. She needs to know when she'd be able to do this subject since it's a prerequisite for ECON232. If she can do ECON241 first year, she can then do ECON232 second year. Otherwise, if she's only allowed to do ECON241 second year, then when can she do ECON232? Third year?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

williamc

HSC
you cannot do ECON241 in first sem of your 1st year because the preq is stat170 so you can do it in 2nd sem 1st year

you can then do ECON232 1st semester in 2nd year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)