• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ayaan Hirsi Ali (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Im not denying, ive already acknowledged it does, but it occurs in Israel (a jewish state) mainly ultra orthodox families, and all over the world with strict christians.
I can't think of too many widespread incidences of the aforementioned occuring in Christian states today.

Mainly also because most countries with Christianity as the predominant religion have secular governments.

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
Their religion is a major contributing factor to them being stuck in the dark ages.

How many reformations has Islam had in comparison to Christianity? Christianity is still quite out dated and is inhabited by lunatic fundamentalists as well, but it has also undergone a number of reformations over the last 2000 years. Islam hasn't. Thus Islamic countries haven't.

Thus they are barbaric because of their religion.
Ok, i do get what you're saying.
But the lack of changes in the islamic religion, gives it its authenticity, it gives its followers the belief, that unlike some other religions, that have given in to external forces, those you speak of, of being labelled as a lunatic or barbaric, it remains unchanged.
Anyway, bit offtrack, but let me get this straight, you are saying, that religion, as a whole is outdated, and barbaric, because it is based on ethics and rules, which were acceptable 2000 years ago, but no longer are, obviously because society is changing? But, unlike the so called 'hypocrits' you call christians, muslims have not changed their beliefs to make it seem.. 'less barbaric' and more suited to the current society?

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
You haven't actually addressed the issue tbh

But if you're fine with your God endorsing a murdering pedophile as a top guy, that's your problem :lol:
I have, you obviously havent read my posts then. And if you have to result to personally attacking my religion, then i lol, because that means you cant use some logic to use your intellect to prove me wrong, unlike some others which actually are on this forum.

Yo1anda

HSC
Maybe in your family.... Lol
Same can be said about strict christian and jewish families Whats your point?
Surah 4:3 clearly defines the age of marriage as being when a girl starts menstruating. My parents didn't write the Qur'an.

Ok, i do get what you're saying.
But the lack of changes in the islamic religion, gives it its authenticity, it gives its followers the belief, that unlike some other religions, that have given in to external forces, those you speak of, of being labelled as a lunatic or barbaric, it remains unchanged.
Anyway, bit offtrack, but let me get this straight, you are saying, that religion, as a whole is outdated, and barbaric, because it is based on ethics and rules, which were acceptable 2000 years ago, but no longer are, obviously because society is changing? But, unlike the so called 'hypocrits' you call christians, muslims have not changed their beliefs to make it seem.. 'less barbaric' and more suited to the current society? Today 7:53 PM
Yes, exactly.

Peoples of the past of ALL nations and creeds were barbarians. Adhering to their lifestyles in 2010 makes you a barbarian.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Look, if you really did, then congratulations? its good to see you are successful.
Are you taking the piss cunt? My parents are multi millionaires so it doesn't matter what i do. Law is a fucking joke. Eng rules.

Private schools for life.

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
Surah 4:3 clearly defines the age of marriage as being when a girl starts menstruating. My parents didn't write the Qur'an.

Yes, exactly.

Peoples of the past of ALL nations and creeds were barbarians. Adhering to their lifestyles in 2010 makes you a barbarian.
The surah says, its a minimum age, which, for the hundredth time in which i have repeated this, it was fine to do so in the year.. what? 400? i just showed a link which showed the english law in 1275 or rather, (in england) allowing marriage to woman at the age between 10-12.

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
Are you taking the piss cunt? My parents are multi millionaires so it doesn't matter what i do. Law is a fucking joke. Eng rules.

Private schools for life.
no im not taking a piss. And to have to rely on your parents, may bring financial success, but it....... it aint good, again some logic may be able to shed some light onto this situation of yours :)

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Watching the rugby and its great to be able to hear the players.

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
1275 fucking lol
A 1997 briefing paper to the NSW Parliament (paper 21/97, "The age of consent", by Rachel Simpson and Honor Figgis) mentions. "A statutory age of consent to sexual intercourse for the purposes of the criminal law in the United Kingdom can be found as early as 1275. It was originally 12, was raised to 13 in 1875 and to 16 in 1885."

Whats the lol for?
oops legal age for marriage was 12 in 1275, not 10-12 :S
im just saying, thats.. what? 800 years after the prophet? imagine what england was back in his time then lol.

Yo1anda

HSC
The surah says, its a minimum age, which, for the hundredth time in which i have repeated this, it was fine to do so in the year.. what? 400? i just showed a link which showed the english law in 1275 or rather, (in england) allowing marriage to woman at the age between 10-12.
You just stated that the beauty of Islam is that it hasn't changed since then.

bio_nut

HSC
Because 12 is usually puberty. Like I said.

*Rolls eyes.*

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
You just stated that the beauty of Islam is that it hasn't changed since then.
IT hasen't. The minimum age of for marriage remains at puberty? Religion remains the same, its what society changes. The people change, not the religion.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
A 1997 briefing paper to the NSW Parliament (paper 21/97, "The age of consent", by Rachel Simpson and Honor Figgis) mentions. "A statutory age of consent to sexual intercourse for the purposes of the criminal law in the United Kingdom can be found as early as 1275. It was originally 12, was raised to 13 in 1875 and to 16 in 1885."

Whats the lol for?
oops legal age for marriage was 12 in 1275, not 10-12 :S
im just saying, thats.. what? 800 years after the prophet? imagine what england was back in his time then lol.
What year is it now and yet the Muslims haven't changed.

Yeah again great to compare it to Brits in the dark ages. Real solid win.

Yo1anda

HSC
IT hasen't. The minimum age of for marriage remains at puberty? Religion remains the same, its what society changes. The people change, not the religion.
I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore.

Bottom line:
Islam in the year 400= Barbaric.
The West in the year 400= Barbaric
Islam in 2010= Barbaric.
The West in 2010= Progressive, advanced, and humane.

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
Can someone tell me, how my life as a muslim is barbaric?
-Single parent(mother)
-Mum teaches me islam, only tiny bit of arabic, want me to fight into australia so only concentrate on me learning english.
-Grow up, not praying at all, not fasting. Have NO muslim friends, only aussies and 2 israeli jewish ones(not really that close friends though :S).
-Wasent really religious, due to upbringing, to chose what ever the fuck i wanted. Researched all religions, because didnt want to be a dumb fuck and follow a religion only because my parents told me its ok. Decided i still liked my religion.
-Become my age now. More religious. Dont eat pig. Dont drink alcohol. dont take drugs. Havent had sex yet. Havent had serious relationship with girl yet, but hopeful i will find someone :). Have girls as 'friends' though. Studied hard, so i can get a good job when i grew up. Only pray once a day, (Better than none lol), fast during the holy month. I can marry, who ever the fuck i want, my kids will be raised the same as i, chose what ever the hell they want.

Sheikh_Taj

HSC
What year is it now and yet the Muslims haven't changed.

Yeah again great to compare it to Brits in the dark ages. Real solid win.
You said muhammed is a pedo for marrying a young woman 800 years before the dark ages. you seem to think the normal age for woman was for ever atleast 22 (which is today). just proven its changed HEAPS!! and hence was socially fine all over the world, what muhammed did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)