Awards/Prizes (1 Viewer)

Blizane

HSC
So the other day I printed off my transcript and I noticed at the bottom there was a section for Awards and one of them said that I had received an award for a subject (ACCG329 - Securities Pricing and Hedging). The thing is though, I had no idea I had received it.

So I was just wondering if I was meant to be notified about it or something? The only explanation I can think of is that they'll tell students at the end of the year (I did that subject first semester this year). Its also strange that the unit outline doesnt mention an award for the person who tops the subject as most subjects do.

X

xeuyrawp

So the other day I printed off my transcript and I noticed at the bottom there was a section for Awards and one of them said that I had received an award for a subject (ACCG329 - Securities Pricing and Hedging). The thing is though, I had no idea I had received it.

So I was just wondering if I was meant to be notified about it or something? The only explanation I can think of is that they'll tell students at the end of the year (I did that subject first semester this year). Its also strange that the unit outline doesnt mention an award for the person who tops the subject as most subjects do.
As you say awards are an official, central thing put on your transcript. How they're chosen and presented, though, really varies from unit to unit, so it could be as simple as the award notification being lost in the post. It's possible what you say, though, about you being notified at the end of the year. You could always email the convener?

I've won a few awards (all in modern and ancient history), and the way I was notified varied -- one lecturer told me as soon as I sat the exam that I would win it, sometimes I was surprised when something came in the post.

Congrats on winning it. :)

Atlas

HSC
N/A

I assume that ACCG units would have sent some form of notification, (past experience was through the post). Definitely send an email just to clarify.

Congratulations, that unit is not easy :)

Blizane

HSC
Ok thanks for the advice guys. I was actually thinking about emailing the convenor but I wasnt sure if it would come off as rude or something, I guess I will though

And thanks for the congratulations too, it was a nice surprise to find out about it all these months later :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)