Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
Hey i dont no if this thread has been done b4 but im finding it extremely difficult to find a good avatar within the 100 pixel limits. ne tips IF u can reduce the pixels or size or anything coz its really frustrating... thanx...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
speaking of avatars....nice one aim54x. jennifer love hewitt is so hot!! :D

kelboo

HSC
You can even do one better, and use MS Paint!! Simple and very very easy for those with lack of software.
All you have to do is go to the Image tab on the toolbar, and select stretch/skew (shortcut ctrl-w). Under the % for horizontal/vertical stretch, alter it according to how much too big your pic is. (i.e. if you estimate it to be 4 x too big, select 25 in each of the boxes so it quarters the size).
You can then check the size of your newly resized piccie by selecting attributes under the Image pull-down menu on the toolbar; this will show how big your little picture is in pixels.

It is fairly obvious once you get the hang of this on how to measure/crop images pretty accurately. My guesses were normally close to spot-on when I did it this way (we had a software drought. Now I use Microsoft Photo Editor which is part of the Microsoft Office Tools package. It helps if your computer is running correctly!) ;)

Hope this helps! :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Why are people saying use Photoshop or some other program worth thousands of dollars to resize an image? Its like carrying an atomic clock around to tell the time when you can have a watch on your wrist.

If you have Microsoft Office, you probably have Microsoft Photo Editor. Open the picture in photo editor, and go Image -> Resize.

If you don't have Photo Editor, just do it in paint as suggested.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If it stops resembling the original image when you resize it, consider only using a selection of the image rather than the whole thing. I know microsoft photo editor allows you to crop parts of images.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)