auxiliary angles q (1 Viewer)

indeed

HSC
From 2022 hsc, im sure ppl in the past have prob asked this
1696408803799.png
1696408841592.png

The final answer they give is ...x- pi/3, but the Q wants x+...

Did they write this wrong or something or?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Adding 2pi is adding a full revolution, that would result in arriving at the 4th quad again
yes sorry I get that but what would the point be of adding 2pi

the question isn't asking for a positive

think of it link Rsin(x+(-alpha)) in this scenario

indeed

HSC
yes sorry I get that but what would the point be of adding 2pi

the question isn't asking for a positive

think of it link Rsin(x+(-alpha)) in this scenario
But if they wanted a negative, they have always explicitly stated a negative sign (I've seen like 20+ auxiliary Q's that have followed this pattern but the HSC is the only one to break this pattern)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
no they havent broken any rule or anything... its just that they asked for a different auxillary expression
usually u would be given Rsin(x-alpha) for those questions like the one above so that the negative just cancels each other out (because alpha would be positive then), but its really just the same thing the final result would be the same.
But if they wanted a negative, they have always explicitly stated a negative sign (I've seen like 20+ auxiliary Q's that have followed this pattern but the HSC is the only one to break this pattern)
it isn't related to wanting a negative angle ur thinking about it in the wrong way

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
that would be a slightly different question though, so no

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
yeah the hsc tries some really quirky stuff somtimes... its gotten to the point where no one gives a fck anymore

carrotsss

HSC
when they do this they typically state a restriction of 0<alpha<pi or 0<alpha<pi/2, in this case they haven't done that hence why a negative solution for alpha is present

indeed

HSC
when they do this they typically state a restriction of 0<alpha<pi or 0<alpha<pi/2, in this case they haven't done that hence why a negative solution for alpha is present
Oh ok i see, yh i was wondering when to use the other form thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)