auto Cad (1 Viewer)

M.johnson

HSC
N/A
hey peeps, does any1 here have knowledge or experience of CAD. I have 0% knowledge/experience, i was wondering is it possible to learn CAD yourself (or maybe with a book like "autocad for dummies"). I have learned word/excel/powerpoint by myself, but cad looks a little tricky.

any ideas.

edit: no i dont want to do a short course.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why do you want to learn CAD? What field do you hope to work in?

If you're looking at something more around 3d modelling you're probably better off looking at solidworks or catia.

ktinn

HSC
I'm using civilcad 6 atm - its a little tricky to master but it is designed to be somewhat user friendly but just doesn't have the same resources as MS.

I don't know how you would go about learning it yourself but the 'help' within the software is quite helpful believe it or not - its also quite expensive if you want the legit version... soo i dont quite understand what youre trying to do...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ive used catia at uni (hated it) and prodesktop in high school (loved it).

what do u wanna use cad for?

M.johnson

HSC
N/A
I know alot of my engineering buds that know how to use it and i have realised alot of employers are asking for some knowledge of CAD.

I am a mechanical/mechtronics engineering student. I have a lil knowledge of Solidworks but thats about it.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
the tutorials inbuilt into the program should start you off.

Deputy_4CS

HSC
Yeah, AutoCAD is pretty important as it's probably the best graphics program for 2D applications.It's pretty easy to figure out. Just try all the commands and see wat they do (tutorials r gay). If u can figure out how to use excel by yourself then u'll be fine with CAD.

This probably didn't help too much but yeah, good luck.:wave:

Last edited:

randomnessss

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm...play around with the program and each of the tools/functions as an introduction and read the help menu and any tutorials for it. Personally, i would use VectorWorks since it's really easy to use and learn.

HSC
yeah its possible to teach yourself

i use cad lt and civil cad everyday at work and the only training i ever got was in yr11 industrial technology

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)