Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
Have a look at the Uruguay coach, looks like he's going to have a heart attack at any moment :)

Anyone seen how hostile the crowd were?

hahahaha gw Australia

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The most tense game I've ever experienced, definitely, wit so much at stake.

I believed in the boyz, and they did it. Oh the joy, how am I goin to study now. LoL

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Yes Omfg Yes !!! You Fucking Beauty !!!
We Won !!!
Ooooh
Wooooooooohooooooooooooo

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i couldnt sit down and watch it- on my feet holding my breathe every time an aussie stepped up for the challenge

WHAT A GAME

Abtari

HSC
two guys gonna get shot :p

i must say the boys had heart, and even though the odds were against them at the start of the game, they fought hard, and with a li'l bit of luck (good old harry), we managed to score a goal back...

but the rest of the game was still up for grabs... it was one of the most tense moments of my life honestly.. i wonder how many times 000 was dialled tonite..

but when it came down to penalties, it was MARK SCHWARTZER who got the job done..wot an awesome goalie, what heart! who cares if viduka missed it, the end product, we win.. omg, my friends and i were celebrating like anything when aloisi scored..it was like this monstrous roar...

EDIT: notice that in general, it was those that 'hesitated' i.e. didn't have a smooth run-up that tended to miss/fail in the shootout..e.g. the first guy for u ru guay..

and viduka too, he wasn't as smooth as kewell, for example, in his runup...neway who cares...imagine oneself being there in that dome with a sea of yellow and green all around you.. the tension. they do have nerves of steel..

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i just got home....fukin car horns everywhere LMAO.....haha how fun it is today

somecooldude

HSC
¡bien ahora que Australia ganó ellos se han licenciado finalmente a la copa mundial el próximo año! ¡qué habilidades!

swisstruffles

HSC
GUYS when is the tickettape parade on??? wheere??? is it 2moro in the city???? which street??? wat time??????? where do we get info???????????

HSC
WOW ... WHAT A NIGHT!

I am just really stunned, it was such a rollercoaster match. I always knew that the Uruguayans would be physical and they were! There was something like 58 fouls in the match?

82,000 fans got to see the match of a life-time, I only wished I was there. At least we won't ever have to worry about playing against a South American side to get to the W.C once we join Asia. :p

When we reach the World Cup next year - I hope that two things are done. One is that Kevin Muscat somehow works his way into the squad, and that I hope Skoko and Lazaridis are used more often. I can't complain because the midfield was excellent tonight.

Kewell diving, what is new there! :rolleyes:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Kewell was magnificent tonight. I don't know how long it's been since I last saw him playing so passionately in a match. Great stuff Harry, take that form back to Anfield.

Also I'm off to bake myself some humble pie. Neill really was pretty good tonight.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Guus brought the real Harry back, somethin we thought wouldn't be possible. But he did it, and hez a genius. Now I know how the Koreanz felt in 2002.

johnny_87

HSC
I told everyone on here it would be 1-0 or 2-0 to Australia, and that if it was 1-0 we would win in ET or on penalties! Thankfully I was right!

So many near chances to Uruguay caused my heart to skip a beat and I was so nervous and so scared but I just felt it was to be! Our destiny was fulfilled!

WOOOO! GO YOU AUSSIES!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Benny_ said:
Kewell was magnificent tonight. I don't know how long it's been since I last saw him playing so passionately in a match. Great stuff Harry, take that form back to Anfield.

Also I'm off to bake myself some humble pie. Neill really was pretty good tonight.
Harry was back to his best tonite...cant wait to see him in the Liverpool red again :cool:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
johnny_87 said:
I told everyone on here it would be 1-0 or 2-0 to Australia, and that if it was 1-0 we would win in ET or on penalties! Thankfully I was right!

So many near chances to Uruguay caused my heart to skip a beat and I was so nervous and so scared but I just felt it was to be! Our destiny was fulfilled!

WOOOO! GO YOU AUSSIES!
Uruguay had some decent chancez but they didn't even hit the target, only got themselvez to blame really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)