• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia's policies on FT and protection (1 Viewer)

shona99

HSC
Hello!
How is everybody going in eco? Out of curiosity, where is your school up to in the syllabus? We're just starting topic 1 properly (going in a super jumbled order lol)

Wanted to know what y'all think of this essay plan, whether it would be sufficient and is actually answering the question

Describe the implication of Aus’s policies regarding free trade and protection for individuals, firms and governments

para 1 implication of aus’s policies i.e reducing protection on individuals with cases

para 2 implication of aus’s policies i.e reducing protection on firms with cases

para 3 implication of aus’s policies i.e reducing protection on govts with cases

para 4 aus’s policies of free trade like history — huge cutting down initially then more gradual

para 5 impacts of aus’s FTAs

Thanks guys! :wavey:

meDAawesome

HSC
We're doing the syllabus in order and we're up to Inflation in Topic 3.

For the essay question: Describe:main features and characteristics

I would do Paragraph 4 first, make sure to define protection, draw tariff, subsidy and quota diagrams. Make sure you mention the high level of protection then reduction of protection under Whitlam. I would also mention that we still have some protection but it is low relative to the rest of the world (eg US and Europe's agriculture protection).

I might even compress Paragraph 5 and 4 together depending on your length for paragraph 4. Make sure you mention the change in trading partners from Europe to now South East Asia and the changing composition of our exports.

Then go into the impacts of free trade and protection on each group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)