Australian tour of India 2004 (1 Viewer)

ahmad

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I believe India should drop Patel. Clarke has already had two lives, if he took the easy stumping chance India could've rolled over the last two tonight and had a fresh crack tommrow when the pitch is gonna be at it's best for batting.

Surely there are more competent keepers in India who can chip in with a few runs here and there? That Dinesh Karthik who played in England looked very good and he's quite young as well. If India knock us off for under 400 tommorow then it's majorly game-on. I'm so loving this test series, too bad Maq exams will be on when they show the India V Seth Efrika matches next month :(
i reckon every one goes through a bad peroid in their careers.............it is how they come out of it that really matters, ultimately it will make them even better.....
it is useless to put in a new player at this point in time.........firstly a player deserves to play a full series if they are put into the squad.......also Dinesh Kartik as u said is young it is even more stupid putting him into the squad, u try your new players against teams like Bangladesh or Kenya

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Patel has never played a domestic first class match in India.(a Ranji Trophy match?)

He's been dropping regulation catches and missing easy stumpings in every innings this series. Sorry mate he's a keeper first and a batsman second. All the runs he scores with the bat he more than negates with his sloppy keeping and the effect he has on the rest of the team in the outfield.

Karthik was superb behind the stumps in England, he pouched everything he got and gave away next to nothing as far as byes are concerned. He also average 40+ with the bat at first class level. I'm sure there are other experienced 'keepers in India who are handy enough with the bat to step up a level. Patel has consistently shown he needs some time back in first-class cricket to get his keeping sorted to a decent standard. He still has plenty of time to improve and become a classy Test keeper but he isn't anywhere near the standard required now.

As for only trying new players against a weaker team? Whatta load of bollocks. They wanna play Test cricket they should be ready to take on the best. An opportunity of a lifetime for any new player. If they're good enough they don't need any protecting. The current lot aren't doing their jobs properly and the side is getting rolled. Give someone else a go, there's plenty of talent in India champing at the bit for a chance.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
its not just the dropped castches with patel how many byes does he let each innings... if you subtract those from his total each match along with the runs he gave thru dropped catches, i think his contribution will be negative lol..

Hoe good is mcgrath going in his 100th test, 2 4's off pulls and a 3 off a drive to leave him 89 runs short of a maiden test ton and then claiming 2-18 from 20 overs that wouldve had another wicket if not 4 his only no ball!! champion.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
its not just the dropped castches with patel how many byes does he let each innings... if you subtract those from his total each match along with the runs he gave thru dropped catches, i think his contribution will be negative lol..

Hoe good is mcgrath going in his 100th test, 2 4's off pulls and a 3 off a drive to leave him 89 runs short of a maiden test ton and then claiming 2-18 from 20 overs that wouldve had another wicket if not 4 his only no ball!! champion.
he will never get past 50..................if he is bowling the way he is he dosen't even need to bat

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
he has more wickets than runs in ODIs, and only recently, his runs tally has just been pushed 20+ ahead of his wicket tally in tests in this series lol

Whitlamsfan

Glenn McGrath was robbed of a test century by running out of partners (personally Im a #11 batsman as well and would be #12 if I could I dont have an avergae cos I've never been out and 1 season I never got in)

Anyone else think Deano is a complete Idiot!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Awesome article on Indian wicketkeeping problems

But faith is beginning to prove costly in Patel's case. We recently culled out some stats from our ball-by-ball records and they looked alarming: including this Test, his 19th, Patel has missed 23 chances, and conceded 176 byes, costing India a total of 675 runs, 38 more than he has scored

The kid's costing 'em too much for him to justify a place in the side.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ahahha what a crapola performance

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok, im postin here 2 bring up my century and unlike kato i dont wanna be left on 99 any longer, first of all, anyone hu disses clarkey dies, michael clarke is the man, baring any injuries, he will play in every test match for australia for the next ten years, by 2010 he will be the aussie captian 4 sure if not earlier, wat an innings 2day, some of the best shots i hav ever seen (except 4 junior hittin the top of the great southern stand, now that was class) anyway, dont diss patel, beleive it or not, hes the best wk that india hav and yeah, despite the lame fact that the broken hill tigers under 12 b wicket keeper being better than him, he is india's onli hope, well i will now raise the bat 2 the crowd, a well crafted century 'twas, now he can take out the long handle and move towards his double ton.....

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well in dawso. Cracking century that!!!

Hodgey getting back into the squad now that Boof has been ruled out for the 4th. If Punter isn't playing he'll get a deserved test cap.

Ganguly and Pathan still struggling for the 4th test, so let's see if we can roll em again. India should start playing some of their in-form batsmen. Their top order have been spineless all series. There's gotta be someone there champing at the bit to make a name for themseleves.

dawso

HSC
i say india reverse their order, and no, im actually like....not joking, their most consistent batsmen all series other than sehwag is pathan, and from this innings the run scorers hav been the tail, even khan chipped in, on that same note, i say pigeon desreves a promotion, open wit him in the 4th test, got through the covers on the front foot and plays the pull better then anyone b4, anyway, l8er
-dawso

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
hhaha yeh
agarkar and kahn were ripping the bowling apart
pity they lost by 350 runs though

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i reckon the aussie selectors should give some of the players a rest, and let hodges, lee, and white play a bit

dawso

HSC
Constip8edSkunk mate, no way, even though binga does deserve a go, and hidge and white have put in the hard yards as reserves, they should never just 'giv em a go', this is test match cricket, not under 14s, they are playin 2 win every game by as much as they can, 2 many times the aussies lose the final test after winning the series, so no, bring punter bak in, shift lehmann off to the old folks home, open the battin wit pigeon and it will be a subcontinent tour 2 remember......
-dawso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)