dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
can you please explain what the fuck is going on in those links

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i've only been around for 19 years, but i empathize with late 19th century trade unionists, and i know for a fact that 40 years of multiculturalism have ruined this country.

keep fighting the good fight, pedro

tycoon_07

HSC
Sick of leadership stuff. I want an election what we should have had ages ago regardless of whether we have Kevin or Julia.

Lentern

HSC
we must live in a p good country if our politics are a soap opera
I prefer it to where you have senior politicians wooing the army and neighboring heads of state and the supreme justices in order to secure their power grab. And in truth, Rudd and Gillard themselves have barely commented on leadership, Simon Crean seems to be the only minister whose actually letting the media circus interfere with him getting on with his actual job.

Garygaz

HSC

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
is that a thing? Can you actually rescind your portfolio and go to the backbenches of your own volition

I prefer it to where you have senior politicians wooing the army and neighboring heads of state and the supreme justices in order to secure their power grab. And in truth, Rudd and Gillard themselves have barely commented on leadership, Simon Crean seems to be the only minister whose actually letting the media circus interfere with him getting on with his actual job.
I'm still not sure if I was being sarcastic or not

Garygaz

HSC
i sort of agree, i mean i hate our politics but at least it isn't like the US

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
there would be no leadership speculation if we had an elected president

Lentern

HSC
hmmm...

you'd think that'd either

a) force rudd into an early challenge

b) knows he doesn't have numbers so either goes to the backbench or retires

c) tries to play it smart, goes to the backbench to buy more time to talk to party members about a challenge whilst seeming like the good guy who steps aside quietly
It'll accelerate his momentum for sure, up until recently Rudd although widely liked has had the problem that if he were to challenge it would undermine his smiling, "happy little vegimite," I support the Prime Minister and love being foreign minister act. By forcing a showdown with him she's helped him out of that problem.

Garygaz

HSC
It'll accelerate his momentum for sure, up until recently Rudd although widely liked has had the problem that if he were to challenge it would undermine his smiling, "happy little vegimite," I support the Prime Minister and love being foreign minister act. By forcing a showdown with him she's helped him out of that problem.
he'd lose less of the gloss if he issued the challenge after being forced to the back bench, though

Lentern

HSC
he'd lose less of the gloss if he issued the challenge after being forced to the back bench, though
Oh I agree, that's what I was saying. She should have continued insisting that her relationship with Rudd was amiable and that she was very happy with the work he was doing, if he wanted to fight for the leadership make him instigate the fight. Calling a spill, sacking him, publicly reprimanding him (hullo Crean) basically protects Rudd's public persona.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I agree Lentern.

Interesting comment on news.com.au (absolutely despise this website).

This is exactly what KRudd wants, he is masterfully pulling all the strings. He would gain more sympathy from the public because he has been sacked not once but twice, and on what grounds he has never publicly challenged the PM. Now from the backbench he would have more freedom to wreck havoc on Julia and the government. Her support will only erode further with the public and in cabinet, and Kevin will come back as a knight in shining armour to save the party.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/adv...ek/story-e6frfkw9-1226278130375#ixzz1n5AQaVEt

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
if kevin rudd wins, he wins
if kevin rudd loses, he wins

nice unfalsifiable theory you got there

Garygaz

HSC
what are you thinking now as a labor member? stick with the prime-minister who is not going to win you an election who is sacking the guy who was prime-minister and can maybe win you an election? vote rudd in and succumb to the same problems of the front-bench dictating everything in the party?

stephen smith to the rescue!

Lentern

HSC
what are you thinking now as a labor member? stick with the prime-minister who is not going to win you an election who is sacking the guy who was prime-minister and can maybe win you an election? vote rudd in and succumb to the same problems of the front-bench dictating everything in the party?

stephen smith to the rescue!
If you are confident in holding your seat I think you are mindful that if you back Rudd you'll be facing a vicious preselection battle before long, if you are in a marginal seat I think you back Rudd anyway because under Gillard, Crean or Shorten you're a dead duck. Smith has purportedly gone underground, Gillard backers begining to freak out he's either going to back Rudd or have a run of his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)