"you don't believe it"
"i'm sorry no"

plays the point

Code violation to andy roddick

"i take back my apology to you" :lol: :lol:
lol, that was so cool watching it live.

LatK7

HSC
Well I guess I got my wish in the end, although obviously it wasn't a steamrolling. Fed really did collapse in the 5th set and basically gifted it.

Serves me right for not believing more in Rafa's fitness...But yeah that speech Rofer just tried to make, heartbreaking it really was...the man on other side of the net has basically crushed his hopes of a career grand slam, record breaking consecutive Wimbly wins, and now starting to encroach on Fed's domination on hardcourts...

Darn you Murray and cyclone whatever the hell it was called, if not for them, considering this beatdown a tired Nadal inflicted on Fed, Nadal would hold the Rafa Golden Slam, something Federer has tried in vain to do for years...
Beatdown? It'd be a beatdown if Feds was anywhere near the level he's usually at and still lost. And it's probably not wise to write off Federer like that. He's still got plenty to give, and if Nadal keeps thrashing his body around i wouldn't be surprised if he's kept down by injury.

LordPc

HSC
Williams vs Safina > Federer vs Nadal

Anyone agree?... :bomb:
Oh dont be so bitter.

Nothing better than a gracious loser, but nothing worse than a sore loser

Nadal played better today and deserved it

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
lol, that was so cool watching it live.
Andy Roddick and Marat Safin are the best at .. this kinda stuff. :D

Yes it was cool watching it live..:D

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Oh dont be so bitter.

Yeah Nadal was clearly the better player on the floor today.

That match was a Classic.

There were so many rallies with unbelievable / impossible looking shots.

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Beatdown? It'd be a beatdown if Feds was anywhere near the level he's usually at and still lost. And it's probably not wise to write off Federer like that. He's still got plenty to give, and if Nadal keeps thrashing his body around i wouldn't be surprised if he's kept down by injury.
Yeah good one...because clearly Nadal was at 100% fitness and had a huge advantage over Fed. I suppose it's also his fault that Fed choked. In any case in the post I also said it wasn't the steamrolling I had wanted. Don't seize on one word, tennis expert. It was a beatdown, a mental beatdown of epic proportions. You'd know that if you actually followed tennis.

Yeah we know the old story Fed had mono and still had a dream year, GOAT, etc. don't write him off. Thanks for that pearl of wisdom about one of the greatest players in tennis history, I had no idea that someone who already won 13 GSs had another one in him, in fact I thought he was going into retirement right after this beatdown and give up on Sampras record at the age of 27.

Oh wait, Nadal just won the AO and I don't give a shit...not that I even said Fed was done in any case. Nadal's already had plenty of injuries, and clearly those have done a great job of keeping him down :rolleyes: Again if you actually followed tennis you would know this. And to be honest, I don't care if he retires at 28 or whatever, his achievements already outshine the vast majority of players, his H2H against Federer is highly significant.

Anyways, there is deep deep scar tissue now for Fed, it will be extremely hard for him to beat Nadal in a GS final from now on, considering the various advantages he had over Nadal, i.e. his fitness levels and hardcourt being his weakest surface (though admittedly its better than at the US). He had much to lose from this match. If Murray had not taken out Nadal in the US, there is a damn good chance that Nadal would have beaten Fed four GS finals in a row.

Hell to be honest this just supports the argument that Fed dominated during a weak mug era during the mens field lacked depth, and as soon as a challenger appeared he crumbled. But I disagree :) Fed has much more talent than Nadal, that does not in any way make him more deserving, Nadal has balls and mental strength which usually triumphs

Last edited:

Roy9

HSC
Oh dont be so bitter.

I thought the emoticon I used cemented that I was being sarcastic..... obviously not

LatK7

HSC
Yeah good one...because clearly Nadal was at 100% fitness and had a huge advantage over Fed. I suppose it's also his fault that Fed choked. In any case in the post I also said it wasn't the steamrolling I had wanted. Don't seize on one word, tennis expert. It was a beatdown, a mental beatdown of epic proportions. You'd know that if you actually followed tennis.

Yeah we know the old story Fed had mono and still had a dream year, GOAT, etc. don't write him off. Thanks for that pearl of wisdom about one of the greatest players in tennis history, I had no idea that someone who already won 13 GSs had another one in him, in fact I thought he was going into retirement right after this beatdown and give up on Sampras record at the age of 27.

Oh wait, Nadal just won the AO and I don't give a shit...not that I even said Fed was done in any case. Nadal's already had plenty of injuries, and clearly those have done a great job of keeping him down :rolleyes: Again if you actually followed tennis you would know this. And to be honest, I don't care if he retires at 28 or whatever, his achievements already outshine the vast majority of players, his H2H against Federer is highly significant.

Anyways, there is deep deep scar tissue now for Fed, it will be extremely hard for him to beat Nadal in a GS final from now on, considering the various advantages he had over Nadal, i.e. his fitness levels and hardcourt being his weakest surface (though admittedly its better than at the US). He had much to lose from this match. If Murray had not taken out Nadal in the US, there is a damn good chance that Nadal would have beaten Fed four GS finals in a row.

Hell to be honest this just supports the argument that Fed dominated during a weak mug era during the mens field lacked depth, and as soon as a challenger appeared he crumbled. But I disagree :) Fed has much more talent than Nadal, that does not in any way make him more deserving, Nadal has balls and mental strength which usually triumphs
No need to get snappy, pal. I was just telling you some of what Todd Woodbridge told me. thas all. You're not an annoying fanboy, so gg. But don't say i don't follow tennis. Just don't, it's just kinda lame.

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
No need to get snappy, pal. I was just telling you some of what Todd Woodbridge told me. thas all. You're not an annoying fanboy, so gg. But don't say i don't follow tennis. Just don't, it's just kinda lame.
Shouldn't have done that, sorry it's late

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Anyways, time to hibernate until French Open, unless anyone here wants to discuss MM tourneys or TMS events

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
everyones a tennis expert when the open is on.

LatK7

HSC
Yeah, French will bring us back out. I for one would love to see a Nadal/Verdasco final. ^_^

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
French is the one I want Nadal to win the most this year to keep the streak going, it's more important than defending Wimbly imo

LatK7

HSC
Defo. If he were to lose it, which is unlikely, man, it'd sting.

HSC
I was goin for Federer but yeah.. it was a really close classic match and he did his best.

good for Nadal though, 1st spaniard to win the aus open and everything.

But yeh, I reckon Federer will get that 14th grand slam title sometime in his career, maybe the U.S open this year..

Go Rodger Federer - The Swiss Master :headbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)