• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Islamic School BANS Australian National Anthem (1 Viewer)

spiny norman

HSC
katerebecca said:
They need to remember they live in AUSTRALIA. We would never dare to go to theirs and enforce upon them our culture and be so inconsiderate as to not adapt to and recognise their traditions.
Awesome.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
They should have played the 'Music is haraam' card and cried religious intolerance.

banco55

HSC
sam04u said:
I wonder if this would be in the news if it were just some regular school.
Probably because they made specific policy decision NOT to have it. I can't see many catholic schools etc. doing that.

ASNSWR127

HSC
katerebecca said:
They need to remember they live in AUSTRALIA. We would never dare to go to theirs and enforce upon them our culture and be so inconsiderate as to not adapt to and recognise their traditions.
lol Iraq? Afghanistan? ummmm trying to force democracy on them...

torture in Guantanemo?

give me a break

nikolas

HSC
banco55 said:
Probably because they made specific policy decision NOT to have it. I can't see many catholic schools etc. doing that.
Umm they decided to save time by only singing the anthem on special occasions, i see lots of schools doing this. The article was full of shit when they said that the school "banned the anthem".

banco55

HSC
nikolas said:
Umm they decided to save time by only singing the anthem on special occasions, i see lots of schools doing this. The article was full of shit when they said that the school "banned the anthem".
LOL nowhere in the article does it say they decided to save time by only singing the national anthem on special occasions. I suggest you work on your reading comprehension.

nikolas

HSC
banco55 said:
LOL nowhere in the article does it say they decided to save time by only singing the national anthem on special occasions. I suggest you work on your reading comprehension.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24754875-5006786,00.html

I read the article just fine. It was a sensationalist piece of crap, trefoil provided another article explaining what actually happened.

Perhaps it is you who should work on reading comprehension.

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
nikolas said:
Nothing was banned.
I notice you didn't point out in the article where it said that they decided to save time by only singing the national anthem on special occasions. I guess you've conceded that you got that wrong.

nikolas

HSC
banco55 said:
I notice you didn't point out in the article where it said that they decided to save time by only singing the national anthem on special occasions. I guess you've conceded that you got that wrong.
“A quick investigation we did ... found that because they have a daily assembly at the school every morning, the principal came up with the idea - without getting the full board's endorsement - she didn't want to perform the anthem every morning,” Mr Trad said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...006786,00.html

Do your own reading! k?

Last edited:

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
shakky15 said:
we VERY rarely hear the national anthem at my catholic school... in fact, im not sure when it was last played.

noo the catholics are gonna take over!!!
Hahaha
well at my school which is Anglican we only sing it once or twice a term at the formal assemblies.

I must say it is a bit of a "touchy" thing for a muslim school to do considering all the controversy that surrounds muslim schools in Australia (I live near Camden and believe me it's not the most popular topic)

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

nikolas

HSC
Sarah182 said:
Your link didn't work for me.
Maybe my computer is Anti-muslim?
Works just fine for me.

Probably is. =P

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
In my 6 years of high school (private Catholic) I don't recall ever singing the national anthem.

Primary school? Sure, every day. But not high school. So I think you're being a bit silly by saying that "not singing it every day" equals "banning it".

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
girt girt girt girt girt girt girt girt girt girt

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
Your link didn't work for me.
Maybe my computer is Anti-muslim?
Can I have your computer?

HSC
N/A
They should ban muslims from wearing scarves, the same way that the Netherlands has.
When Muslims wear headscarves, the hijab or burqa you cannot tell if they are a woman or a man. An terrorist could readily use this cloth of gender camouflage to its advantage by hiding their weapons underneath it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)