australian food industry (1 Viewer)

speedmurray

If i had the responsibililty of starting a restaurant busness in nsw:

1. What would be the permits and licenses required to be obtained before starting this restaurant?

2. What would be the relevant legislations that will affect this new project?

3. What are local governments health standards that would need to be maintained?

Thanks for any help.

sneaker

Does it state what council your restaurant is in? If not, choose one and ring them up, because each council has different legislative requirements for restaurants, including different health standards, but generally, the role of each council and their inspectors is to enforce the food act, which basically enforces sections of federal laws such as the trade practices act and food standards code.

Some advice, if this is an assessment, write an introduction to state exactly WHERE your restaurant is, WHAT cuisine the provide, the NUMBER of employees, the TYPE of service provided (i.e. silver service), and any other relevant information

For section two, state every legislation in the textbook, and sit them under headings, i.e.
FEDERAL
-
-
-

STATE
-
-
-

LOCAL
-
-
-

Seriously, some councils can be very helpful, and others might not be, so just ask to speak to their education officer and let them do the rest.

Anymore questions, just post

hope it helps

speedmurray

Thanks..

It is an assessment and says i have the responsibillity of starting a restaurant business in NSW.

Did you have any information on the 3 questions cause im really stuck trying to find information.

Thanks alot for your time

sneaker

first set the parameters so the marker, and you know what is going on, then read the textbook, take notes, and once you've familiarised yourself with it ring the council.

As for info, try old food tech textbooks, the one by Willets is the best, and another good one is the one with a conical flask filled with vegies on the cover is good, but putting it simply, everyone in NSW uses the same one textbook, so if there isn't anything there- which there is- everyone will be stuck aswell. It sounds like this task is one where you have to understand and apply knowledge, rather than just gather and present info... sounds like fun (not)! Glad i'm finished

good luck

speedmurray

does any 1 no any information cause it will be much appreciated as im really stuck and assessment is due tomorow.

thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)