Australia World University Ranking (2 Viewers)

SaintMichael

HSC
N/A
juni said:
if ANU ranks so high.. Why isn't it a popular choice for people in NSW? (I'm really curious.. besides it being in Canberra)
With most countries.. (eg US and Harvard, Japan and Tokyo uni) it seems that the most popular/hard to get into universities of their countries are ranked as the best by The Times..
well, it located near the parliament house, go figure.

ioniser

HSC
yeah whats so good about the parliament house i d rather look at the harbour bridge near uts where half the fobs flock to lol

SaintMichael

HSC
N/A
ioniser said:
yeah whats so good about the parliament house i d rather look at the harbour bridge near uts where half the fobs flock to lol
well that is correct, there is nothing good about the parliament house and canberra is boring, that is why the parliament is there.

HSC
SaintMichael said:
well that is correct, there is nothing good about the parliament house and canberra is boring, that is why the parliament is there.
I would say it's the other way around - Canberra is boring because parliament is there :uhhuh:

You can't possibly develop the kind of culture needed to attract youth if the entire city is built for the sole purpose of housing parliament.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Trampoline Man said:
I would say it's the other way around - Canberra is boring because parliament is there :uhhuh:

You can't possibly develop the kind of culture needed to attract youth if the entire city is built for the sole purpose of housing parliament.
Spoken by people that have never set foot at the ANU, let alone Canberra...

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
bah. these rankings are just silly.

Universities are diverse. Some departments in a university are better than others. Perhaps having the rankings for certain disciplines makes more sense: i.e. psychology, physics, ancient history etc. But either way these rankings are based on rubbish. Who cares if the top CEO's comes from Harvard, what about the average student? And difficulty in getting in is based on peoples perception of certin university. USyd has the highest UAI requirement for psychology and subjects related to ancient history, yet they rank poorly compared to a number of universities in these areas.

Anyone who is concerned about these rankings actually meaning anything to most of us is worrying for nothing.

L

littlewing69

SaintMichael said:
I have search this forum and apparently i could not locate a thread on this issue, so im gonna post the most comprehensive Australia University world ranking (2005).
And please take this topic objectively as possible because i dont want to see any flames or troll or any comments that imply "my uni is better than yours".

My uni is better than yours.

Clueless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)