• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

AUSTRALIA VS SRI LANKA [the final chapter] (1 Viewer)

nellyg

HSC
Yeah It was pitch Black friggen Hell The game wasss rigggedd
lol

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha fuck what a surprise...australia winning their 3rd straight world cup
and what a way for gilly to return back to form
to bos1234...i would just stfu about predicting anything because youre too shit

HotShot

-_-
HSC
brogan77 said:
Errr nah, the Australian innings was brilliant to watch. <3 gilly.

Also, gg threadstarter. YR PREDICTIVE CAPABILITIES ARE AMAZINGGGGG.
Thank god for the Gilchrist century otherwise it could of turned out to be a shit match. It was pretty shit anyway only 38 overs. ... AT least the Final has to be 50 overs

Sri Lanka were not doing too bad.. until Sanath got out. But the toss was pretty crucial although didnt know it - it was pretty crucial the team that batted first had better light.. just imagine if the match was pretty close in the last few overs - and you could barely see the ball...

But Gilchrist was outstanding.. and made the final and the World cup a lot better. otherwise it could have gone down to be the shiitttest WC in history.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it is probably the shittest world cup in history
no entertaining matches, and it dragged on for far too long

bos1234

HSC
damn aus were lucky once again,,,,,,,,,,,

sl were on their way to achieve the target EASILY until the rain intervened..

stupid aus cheating and running down the middle of the pitch

we'll be back

bigger and better

el gwapo

HSC
lololol too optimistic really Sri Lanka needed early wickets, never happened, once Gilly got 149 they had the World Cup, no team chasing has been successful in getting like 250 plus. And their 'secret weapon' Malinga went for boundaries.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Can we have another World Cup this year?

This wasn't really a World Cup.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
bos1234 said:

we'll be back

bigger and better
fukken lol

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
bos1234 said:

we'll be back

bigger and better
at exactly which point did sri lanka had any chance of savaging the game?? sri lanka were on the back foot from the first over and never looked like getting into even terms with the aussies.

once aust were 0-149 it was all but over. put into perspective that none other aust batsmen made any real contribution, when we expect everyone else to blast away like gilly did, esp hayden and symonds, the situation could have got a lot worse for sri lanka.

aust raped every team in every game right through the tournament, it is only justice that they win the world cup. three in a row baby!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Exphate said:
Your reasoning rediculous. And as for the "running on the pitch" bullshit you are kidding yourself with, Ponting did it once, when Clarke was hit with a dead ball, what is he meant to do? Jump off the side of the pitch? Aleem Da and Steve Bucknor had a rediculously bad night last night. I mean, who offers the light and then demands they come back on!!!

In what facset? THe fact that Jawardine didnt wanna come back tomorrow? Or the fact that Australia dominated the Lankans without any shadow of a doubt.
To be honest - Australia didnt dominate the lankans. more like Gilchrist did. Hayden and Ponting both struggled and got out in the thirties - I mean normally that takes some effort especially when Hayden is in form.

Gilchrist + small grounds + luck ownz everything. One man team on the final day.

Lanka were on track with Jaysuriya and Sangakarra. But I still feel - you have what a reserve day for single match or something in this WC - that in a final and the semis - you should play 50 overs each.

Clearly the toss was crucial, whoever batted first had it easier - with the light and stuff. But hey that summed up the World Cup - piece of crap.

HSC
Tait plays like a bitch.

His bowling =2001 version of brett lee.

but they should have a rematch. WTF is with dead ball called for running in the pitch :sleep:

williamc

HSC
Gilchrist played a great innings.

No more will McGrath with his impeccable lien and length "corridor of uncertainty"(cricket players will know what that is) ever grace the cricket field. What a champion, greatest fast bowler since i have been watching cricket.(1996)

Last edited:

bos1234

HSC
wuddie said:
at exactly which point did sri lanka had any chance of savaging the game?? sri lanka were on the back foot from the first over and never looked like getting into even terms with the aussies.

once aust were 0-149 it was all but over. put into perspective that none other aust batsmen made any real contribution, when we expect everyone else to blast away like gilly did, esp hayden and symonds, the situation could have got a lot worse for sri lanka.

aust raped every team in every game right through the tournament, it is only justice that they win the world cup. three in a row baby!
did you even watch the game??

it was clsoer than what everybody thinks.. dont jsut look at the final score and judge the game

at about the 16-17th over sl and aus were evenly matched. Aus hadnt lsot any wickets and sl had lost 1..

The toss was very very crucial.

williamc

HSC
bos1234 said:
did you even watch the game??

it was clsoer than what everybody thinks.. dont jsut look at the final score and judge the game

at about the 16-17th over sl and aus were evenly matched. Aus hadnt lsot any wickets and sl had lost 1..

The toss was very very crucial.

At the 16-17th over SL had "a glimmer of hope." (quote, cricket 2007 website)

Jayawandera said he was unsure about whether he would have batted first. He said he was even happy to lose the toss. Even though batting first was yes a small advantage. Becuase of the shortness of the game the bounce didn't seem or die and it didn't seem to slow up.

Last edited:

mednerd

HSC
N/A
yeah i agree with hotshot, it was a close game until jay and sangkarra got out....batting first was a huge advantage...icoz there was no spin, swing, seam, wen lanka bowled, and wen they batted it was poor lighting, some swing and spin for the bowlers, rain and the D and L to worry about, wet ground to slow the ball in the outfield, momentum stops due to rain
the pitch was relli unfair to those batting 2nd

t was basicallly 50:50 game...whoevea won the toss would win the game (aka bat first)...but u cant take the game awya from gilchris who made the best innings after some poor form, the 4 best team went into the semi finals, best 2 teams into the final and the best team won.
it would have been great to have a final without rain and 50 overs, it would have been a much closer game...congratz aussies

and wuddie, yea it would have been relli bad if symonds, clark, ponting and hayden started, but they didnt because the lankans bowled better to them than they did to gilchris

Last edited:

sk1001

HSC
The final really epitomized the whole tournament. Shitty, one-sided and a farce....

williamc

HSC
mednerd said:
yeah i agree with hotshot, it was a close game until jay and sangkarra got out....batting first was a huge advantage...icoz there was no spin, swing, seam, wen lanka bowled, and wen they batted it was poor lighting, some swing and spin for the bowlers, rain and the D and L to worry about, wet ground to slow the ball in the outfield, momentum stops due to rain
the pitch was relli unfair to those batting 2nd

t was basicallly 50:50 game...whoevea won the toss would win the game (aka bat first)...but u cant take the game awya from gilchris who made the best innings after some poor form, the 4 best team went into the semi finals, best 2 teams into the final and the best team won.
it would have been great to have a final without rain and 50 overs, it would have been a much closer game...congratz aussies

and wuddie, yea it would have been relli bad if symonds, clark, ponting and hayden started, but they didnt because the lankans bowled better to them than they did to gilchris

I disagree with nearly everythign you said then.
Especially the start of the second paragraph, and will only explain that. HOW WAS IT A 50:50 GAME! Aust. have dominated world cricket for nearly a decade, they are playign impeccable cricket, have by FAR the best batting line up in the world, they have a better bowling attack than SL(they bowled the team out in every game in the WC), are in unbelievable form, have the best fielding in the world, flogged SL in the super 8 games, they had their strongest battign side and bowled them out for under 200.

1st paragraph, only thign i agree with is momentum stops due to rain.

3rd paragraph i just find that lol imo.

Last edited:

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
I disagree with nearly everythign you said then.
doesnt matter, he and hotshot got most of it rite and icc orgnisers realise it:)

on a side note...finally the icc looks at shortening the cup.

mate, 50:50 he meant because of the chance of the toss...50:50 it would be heads or tails, it was pretty obvious that rain and poor lightening had an effect, the ball started to swing late in the game and the lankans bowled better to them coz their run rate was less than 140 which glichris's rr was.

oh yea...yet they had a weaker batting side and score more than 200 in 38 overs,

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Oooh Aaah Glenn McGrath!

Fuck, Gilly was good. Most sixes, biggest century and fastest century in a World Cup final.

williamc

HSC
funnybunny said:
doesnt matter, he and hotshot got most of it rite and icc orgnisers realise it:)

on a side note...finally the icc looks at shortening the cup.
Ok ill back down.

On another side note, who thinks the ICC is over doing it with having the 20-20 world cup in SA(i think) this year.

Further side noting.. I have absolutely no motivation to play cricket at the moment, i hope that changes before grade trials..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)