Australia the new red neck America (1 Viewer)

James_Brown

HSC
Okay lets start off with a little quiz.
How many of you beleive all muslims are terroists who want to blow us all up and hate the west?
How many of you think the detention centers are a great way to keep those illegal refugees out of Australia?
How many of you beleive the Iraq war was to liberate the Iraq's from Suddam and he had weapons of mass destruction?
How many of you beleive Howards IR reforms are a great way to abolish greedy Unions?

P.S. By the way Saddam and the Taliban in Afghanistan were all backed and put into power by the US. The US kicked out 2 democratically elected presidents and inserted 2 nutcases who were to supply the US with Oil.They gave them the weapons they now use to kill the Allie troops. Oh and this is a good one.
Cuba was ruled by a tyrant before Castro.
Batista took control of Cuba in 1933 backed once again by the US he killed thousands of his people once again aided by US military.
Now under Fidel Castro the Cubans are able to access education, free medicine and other social services US citizens are without.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
someone's annoyed.

I would say no to all four questions and with that add that I'm an American living here, so I would not agree that "Australia is the new red neck America". There are huge differences in attitudes and perspectives that lead to the different opinions of people here and there. A person living in Sydney compared with someone living in Little Rock, Arkansas (in the deep south) would have vastly different views on things,

The foreign policy of the USA has not always been democratically correct, but at the same time in many cases for them its a lose-lose situation. Not to defend the many mistakes the government has made but not all cases are as black and white as you make out to be, there are many things to be considered that lead them to those decisions.

(wheres jade when you need her??)

0Jade0

HSC
It is just Nth Queenslanders moving down south.

edit: don't forget which democat pres came out of Little Rock.

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
yeah i'd say no to all of them.

most australians have their own opinions, rather than following americanised media.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
where is the love?

i dont hate america, and i dont hate muslims,
muslim is a religion made up of many origins, black,asian, arab whites etc
as like other religions.
me, i blame the media on all this stuff, and governments as well,
but callin' america or australia rednecks is wrong,
c'mon america has many muslims and arabs twice more than in australia
not everyone in america is rednecks, unless members of the k.k.k etc,
australians as ourselves have our own opinion on different matters,
as for detention centres thats a different matter, people come to australia illegally
or visas expired and get put in there etc, but alot of people blame the federal government on this, really if labor was in power now, i dont think anything would change, the refugees would still be locked up, like most people would say, if u have a different coach, the team and the field will always stay the same, u cant change everything in the society.

HSC
if a 'talking complete bullshit' olympics ever gets started up, you should consider signing yourself up. do australia proud.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
James_Brown said:
P.S. By the way Saddam and the Taliban in Afghanistan were all backed and put into power by the US. The US kicked out 2 democratically elected presidents and inserted 2 nutcases who were to supply the US with Oil.They gave them the weapons they now use to kill the Allie troops. Oh and this is a good one.
Batista took control of Cuba in 1933 backed once again by the US he killed thousands of his people once again aided by US military.
Now under Fidel Castro the Cubans are able to access education, free medicine and other social services US citizens are without.
The Taliban bit isn't strictly true. Although they supported the rebels agaisnt Communists, they weren't the Taliban as we know them today, but they were joined with the what was until recently the resistance (I think it was the Northern Alliance) anyway, they werent anything like the Taliban that came to rule then, and strictly speaking they also supported the Taliban's enemies.

Riewe

HSC
I don't think that this is even worth replying to.

Oh no!!! What have i done? I've wasted my time in this useless thread

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
0Jade0 said:
It is just Queenslanders moving down south.
Queensland's not a state; it's a condition. Think about that.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
James_Brown said:
How many of you beleive all muslims are terroists who want to blow us all up and hate the west?
How many of you think the detention centers are a great way to keep those illegal refugees out of Australia?
How many of you beleive the Iraq war was to liberate the Iraq's from Suddam and he had weapons of mass destruction?
How many of you beleive Howards IR reforms are a great way to abolish greedy Unions?

No
Yes
Yes
I dont know

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
James_Brown said:
Let's not. Let's calm down and think rationally instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)