• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

aussie hostage in iraq (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

what do you guys think?

what was he doing there? anyone know anything?

do some of you think he deserves to be killed?

moi_lolita_xox

HSC
its propaganda... u never see any iraqis being killed and more arabs are being killed over americans and australians..but u dont really here about that bcs its not important...an australian guy is hostage so everybody has to be like there evil..oh no.!!! and allt his bs i think america and australia shud of never gotten invloved in the 1st place..they thnk they r doig good but there not its so annoying how they have to get involved with everything..and they have no idea wat they are dealing with so i think wats happend with the australian hostage is about time and only fair..america and australia shud get there act together and LEAVE!!!!! so many innocent ppl r being killed..its ridiculous... so they shud just PISS OFF!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
its propaganda...
You are correct, but it is the propoganda of the terrorists. It does the australian government no good really for there to be an "australian" hostage.
u never see any iraqis being killed and more arabs are being killed over americans and australians..
There was extensive coverage of that arab who was mercilessly killed by the american, as he lay on the ground. The main reason why they report these hostage takings is because they're brutal, and it hits the heart of the average viewer. Thus, why they don't report all the ordinary military casulties, only the more 'interesting' ones, i.e. a helicopter crash. You should also remember that there is much less actual footage of iraqi's being killed, as the camera's are behind the Americans.
and allt his bs i think america and australia shud of never gotten invloved in the 1st place
What would of you done? Let saddam hussein keep oppressing his people? I agree that it wasn't the right war and possibly not at the right time, but wars have done good things for the world, you have to remember that. I believe EVENTUALLY there had to be a war to take out Saddam.
they thnk they r doig good but there not its so annoying how they have to get involved with everything
We live in an increasingly globalised society, the actions of one nation can now more than ever influence another. America as basically the country with the most power, should intervene in alot of international matters.
and they have no idea wat they are dealing with so i think wats happend with the australian hostage is about time and only fair
This man, is going to have his head chopped off after being held hostage for weeks. Don't try to justify it if you're going to take the stance of "why don't u see any Iraqi's killed!!!! Poor Iraqi's!". However, I do respect people who believe so strongly in the sanctity of life that they don't want ANY killing to occur, that doesn't seem to be your position.
america and australia shud get there act together and LEAVE!!!
America and Australia shouldn't have;
- dropped so many bombs
- allowed the media to make a mockery of the events

They definately should stay in Iraq, to ensure that the country emerges in peace.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Soha said:
he's going to die
poor guy
but such is life
i was watching videos of real life footage of about 5 guys that were hiding in a mosque in iraq
they were unarmed and were praying and stuff
and these soldiers came in and shot em wounding them
then left them
came back the next day and shot them dead...and were like the bastards are dead now...
blah blah..i was mortified..!!
so who gives a fuck if this guy gets killed..
ppl die everyday UNJUSTLY...
I find that HIGHLY unlikely, can u post a link to this video?
- What was a camera doing in a mosque? (or on the americans?)
- Why would wounded people sit around for a day after being attacked?
- American's won't GO into mosques, if they ever did, there would be a media storm, along with a terrible reaction from the Iraqi's.

K

katie_tully

Oh noes, a westerners life is in danger ... -spontaneously combusts-

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh anyway, on the topic. I feel sorry for him, and would hate to be him.
But it is a war zone. As for "deserve" to be killed, i'm sure alot of people will post claiming that he does deserve to be killed, what I fear tho is that alot of these people are the same people that are anti-death penalty...

tempco

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
- American's won't GO into mosques, if they ever did, there would be a media storm, along with a terrible reaction from the Iraqi's.
they did... there was a email fwd going around containing a picture of soldiers resting in a mosque.

but why wouldnt they enter mosques?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
it was a documentary on channel 2..abc..and it was true
how could u find it highly unlikely
like im going to lie about it
there was this whole contraversy about it
just coz u havent heard of it doesnt mean its highly unlikely?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
also, why were they "hiding" there in the first place?

nekkid said:
they did... there was a email fwd going around containing a picture of soldiers resting in a mosque.
ahh, well if it was in one of those email fwds then its GOTTA be true.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
no one deserves to be killed..unless they are guilty of some sort of crime
but hes going to die reguardless

do u know how many video footages ive seen of people being decapitated?
my mum and dad go to these arab sites and read the news there and they have footage of everything
eek..its grose..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
soha said:
it was a documentary on channel 2..abc..and it was true
how could u find it highly unlikely
like im going to lie about it
there was this whole contraversy about it
just coz u havent heard of it doesnt mean its highly unlikely?
Are you SURE you aren't confusing it with that situation where an american killed a wounded iraqi? Because you have to realise he has been charged under US law, you also have to remember that he was in a very dangerous area and a little edgy after having just having a lucky survival the day before.
If not, then i think i gave some reasons why i find it highly unlikely.

Asquithian: Because i've seen this sort of thread before, and alot of people come in talking about how "he was just a worker trying to make money in iraq! bah humbug" and " he shouldn't have been there in the first place".

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

the mosque was half blown up neways

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, but this was in the Fallujah assault (if you're talking about the situation i refered to above).
The americans felt they HAD to go into the mosques because that is where alot of the insurgents were hiding, and they were... I think there's a big difference between what that soldier did to that wounded iraqi (considering his state of mind, considering that they believed he was faking, etc) than cutting someone's head off.

It's also alot faster (from what i've heard) to be killed by a bullet.

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
BreaKing said:
ahh, well if it was in one of those email fwds then its GOTTA be true.
hey man, dont diss fwd emails. i made one once.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Are you SURE you aren't confusing it with that situation where an american killed a wounded iraqi? Because you have to realise he has been charged under US law, you also have to remember that he was in a very dangerous area and a little edgy after having just having a lucky survival the day before.
If not, then i think i gave some reasons why i find it highly unlikely.

Asquithian: Because i've seen this sort of thread before, and alot of people come in talking about how "he was just a worker trying to make money in iraq! bah humbug" and " he shouldn't have been there in the first place".
i will try and somehoe find the video..or where it was aired..im sure it was abc..or maybe sbs but yeah
oh wellz..the guy ur talking about shooting a wounded iraqi..did he kill him in a mosque?
coz this guy did..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yes, however i'm fairly sure it wasn't a "next day" occurance.
While the US is usually fairly sensitive about going into mosques, in Fallujah they had already told everyone to leave the city, and basically the only people in there were insurgents.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No but is people trying to justify that he deserves to be dead. I don't think it means they're saying they would pull the trigger themself, but I think it's a fine line.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
soha said:
ok i asked my dad what it was about
he said there was a heavy battle the that evening
and people that wer einjured went to the mosque
then the american troops came in the next day and found then injured and not armed..they were just civilians
a trooper goes hes playing dead...then he shot him and hes like the bastards dead nowetc..was shocking
and they killed them..

and the guy that reported it..who was the camera man or something..was an american correspondant..
no one was arrested or got in trouble..
thats all i know and can remember
as for the video..that was really bad to watch..
got a link to the video, anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)