aus man (douglas wood) being held hostage in iraq? (1 Viewer)

Comrade nathan

HSC
have u ever worked ur arse off then been denied a place at tafe or uni because the place was reserved for an aboriginal, or not been able to afford to go to TAFE or uni, and then realised hey if i was black, the gov would pay for me to go there? have u ever been denied a job because some places get gov money if they employ aboriginals? don't talk like aborginals deserve our respect, becos the majority don't
Have you?

I doubt this happens as much as white people whinge about it. The numbers don't add up.

kimbawhitelion

actually yes i have, at TAFE. it happens more often than som wankers think. and its still the fact that it DOES happen which is bad enough

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sugared plum said:
i know i do that. a postmodernist argument might suggest that we shouldn't judge something according to our standards, but few postmodernists would actually say that we should ignore holocausts and genocide as "ok" because that's what Nazis and white supremacists etc thought then.

another reason some give for examining the injustices of the past is to understand the present situation - in this case why aboriginal people have the highest infant mortality rate/lowest life expectancy etc.
it's very difficult to understand aboriginal people who have been oppressed for the last 200 yrs if you ignore the act and consequences of colonisation.
You can't compare what the Nazi's did to this situation. Once again it is the wrong point in time. And there were many more people opposed to it.

The aboriginals having the highest infrant mortality rate and lowest life expectancy is easy to explain. There are two reasons:

1. The life most aboriginals live. Which is by choice not because they are forced into that situation. I keep saying it but because they are given money for nothing they have no motivation to improve their lives.

2. Because they are genetically inferior.

sugared plum

HSC
kimbawhitelion said:
sugared plum u need to pull ur narrow minded head out of the textbook n come live someplace like dubbo, bourke, warren, walgett then u will see wat those 'poor people' are really like - dole bludging, dirty, abusive disrespectful trash who couldnt give a shit about wat happened back then, much less do they have any concept of the meaning of culture. people like u from the city really shit me u have no idea wat coons (dare i say the word) are actually like, all u no is wat u've been told on NAIDOC day or at school, and then u go preaching to others who have experienced their crap. have u ever worked ur arse off then been denied a place at tafe or uni because the place was reserved for an aboriginal, or not been able to afford to go to TAFE or uni, and then realised hey if i was black, the gov would pay for me to go there? have u ever been denied a job because some places get gov money if they employ aboriginals? don't talk like aborginals deserve our respect, becos the majority don't
i actually grew up in the bush, and know about aboriginality from stuff other than reading a textbook.
it doesn't appear you have gone to any great length to understand aboriginal culture. otherwise you wouldn't continue the myth that because aborigines do not live "traditional" lifestyles they do not continue their culture.

i can't be bothered to discuss your ramble on affirmative action, because you make the contradiction clear yourself - aboriginal people are the bane of yr life and, despite being so supposedly insignificant and incompetent, somehow manage to cheat you out of education, job, free lunch. if you actually look at the statistics you will find abr people are considerably low in the welfare/state help scheme of things

sugared plum

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Have you?

I doubt this happens as much as white people whinge about it. The numbers don't add up.

that is TOTALLY true. it's just scapegoating.

and when someone thinks a group of people are inherently inferior and shit, s/he's going to be real annoyed when an "inferior" person gets what they want.

sugared plum

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You can't compare what the Nazi's did to this situation. Once again it is the wrong point in time. And there were many more people opposed to it.

The aboriginals having the highest infrant mortality rate and lowest life expectancy is easy to explain. There are two reasons:

1. The life most aboriginals live. Which is by choice not because they are forced into that situation. I keep saying it but because they are given money for nothing they have no motivation to improve their lives.

2. Because they are genetically inferior.

1) yes you can compare.
eg in the 1940s some germans etc thought jews/gypsies/disables/insane were subhuman/2nd class and tried to exterminate them, thinking it was for the benefit of community. but now we apply a theory (which exists today and existed in 1940s) and conclude holocaust was bad.

eg in 1788~ some europeans thought aborigines were subhuman/2nd class and tried to exterminate them, thinking it was for the benefit of community. but now we apply a theory (which exists today albeit more widely and existed in 18th century) and say that treating aborigines the way colonists did was bad

2) prior to colonisation, archaeological and anthropological evidence shows that abr people had life expectancy SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER. mortality rates are directly correlate to effects of settlement in last 200yrs.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sugared plum said:
2) prior to colonisation, archaeological and anthropological evidence shows that abr people had life expectancy SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER. mortality rates are directly correlate to effects of settlement in last 200yrs.
The reason for that is because they are a bunch of low lifes who sit around drinking and doing drugs.

Comrade nathan

HSC
kimbawhitelion said:
actually yes i have, at TAFE. it happens more often than som wankers think. and its still the fact that it DOES happen which is bad enough
Then why is aboriginal applications to uni and tafe decreasing then?

Comrade nathan

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The reason for that is because they are a bunch of low lifes who sit around drinking and doing drugs.
Your'e an idiot.

If Aboriginals were geniticaly inferior (which has never been proven and never will) then they would of had a shorter life expectancy prior to white colonilisation.

The fact that it was longer then now means that it is connected to material conditions and not genetics.

Note: There is only a small percentage of academics that consider genetics a major factor in the lifstyle of people of race.

Basically you have no idea what you are saying. You are just trying to find every excuse to say that Aboriginals are inferior. You are very similiar to a Nazi.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Your'e an idiot.

If Aboriginals were geniticaly inferior (which has never been proven and never will) then they would of had a shorter life expectancy prior to white colonilisation.

The fact that it was longer then now means that it is connected to material conditions and not genetics.

Note: There is only a small percentage of academics that consider genetics a major factor in the lifstyle of people of race.

Basically you have no idea what you are saying. You are just trying to find every excuse to say that Aboriginals are inferior. You are very similiar to a Nazi.
Material conditions which they bring upon themselves. It's not like they are forced to live the way most of them are. If they were so much better off before lets seperate an area we aren't using and they can go live in the dirt like they did before Europeans came. That way they live longer and the rest of us don't have to pay them to sit around doing nothing.

tattoodguy

did someone say they didnt make it into tafe because of abos?

dont blame abos just cos ur dumb.

The whole thing about.....giving abos money coses problems --- i dont think we give them very much money anyways......

If you give ppple like 10 grand a year.....thats nothing.........and it just creates a situation where we have to keeep forking over money.

if we gave them 100 k or more...maybe they coudl sstart some businesses or something...........and do something rather than sponge offff us...

what was the comment about social darwinsim? whats that?

lol at the commment.......dont feeed the trolll..........and also..the comment ---we think he is retarded please bear with us lol rofl........

Im not a nazi people. im just misunderstood on here.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
tattoodguy said:
did someone say they didnt make it into tafe because of abos?

dont blame abos just cos ur dumb.

The whole thing about.....giving abos money coses problems --- i dont think we give them very much money anyways......

If you give ppple like 10 grand a year.....thats nothing.........and it just creates a situation where we have to keeep forking over money.

if we gave them 100 k or more...maybe they coudl sstart some businesses or something...........and do something rather than sponge offff us...

what was the comment about social darwinsim? whats that?

lol at the commment.......dont feeed the trolll..........and also..the comment ---we think he is retarded please bear with us lol rofl........

Im not a nazi people. im just misunderstood on here.

if we gave them 100k they wouldn't do anything useful with it they would waste it

sugared plum

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Material conditions which they bring upon themselves. It's not like they are forced to live the way most of them are. If they were so much better off before lets seperate an area we aren't using and they can go live in the dirt like they did before Europeans came. That way they live longer and the rest of us don't have to pay them to sit around doing nothing.
there are 2 main problems with that suggestion:
1) if you just give aboriginal people some land which has been virtually destroyed by overfarming, overfishing, logging, pollution etc you cannot expect them to survive. european settlement has destroyed any chance aboriginal people have of living a life by their traditional means. this doens't mean aboriginal people cannot have a traditional life, just that it is not as easy or wokrable as it was previously due to resources.
2) by the forced removal of aboriginal children from their families and community and locking them in compounds/camps/christian ministries, almost an entire generation missed out on vital knowledge and skills to be able to live off the land. thus when were released, some found they were unable to live a traditional life/socially relate to other group members, and also not sufficiently equipped to survive in urban areas.

so it's kinda weird when you say "they brought it on themselves"

mahuligan

HSC
i cant believe someone referred to them as 'coons', how rude :S

iamsickofyear12 said:
if we gave them 100k they wouldn't do anything useful with it they would waste it
i agree with that though...what else would you expect

if you give money to people who have been living in that type of environment, regardless of their race, they are not going to know how to use it properly
aboriginals need other types of assistance..like education for starters, but i suppose they already have alot of support available for that

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sugared plum said:
there are 2 main problems with that suggestion:
1) if you just give aboriginal people some land which has been virtually destroyed by overfarming, overfishing, logging, pollution etc you cannot expect them to survive. european settlement has destroyed any chance aboriginal people have of living a life by their traditional means. this doens't mean aboriginal people cannot have a traditional life, just that it is not as easy or wokrable as it was previously due to resources.
2) by the forced removal of aboriginal children from their families and community and locking them in compounds/camps/christian ministries, almost an entire generation missed out on vital knowledge and skills to be able to live off the land. thus when were released, some found they were unable to live a traditional life/socially relate to other group members, and also not sufficiently equipped to survive in urban areas.

so it's kinda weird when you say "they brought it on themselves"
What I meant when I said 'brought it on themsevles' is they could have chosen to live normally it todays society but instead they have chosen to be troublemakers who live off welfare payments and don't bother working. I didn't mean they could of gone back to living off the land.

Surely there is some areas of land that would be suitable. And it would not be that difficult for aboriginals who still have the knowledge to pass it on. The problem is most aborginals don't want to live like that. And why would they. They get to do nothing and get money from the government.

And the reason they are making a big deal about injustices is because they can. Most of them don't particularly care but because they can complain they do.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Actually during the late 1800's they started given Aboriginals some power over their reserves. Many missionaries also helped set up farms and expand land.

Many of these were succesfull. Even at time they were producing more then European owned and worked farms. Some Aboriginal farm produce went in competitions and won over the white owned produce. Many of the Aboriginals on these famrs started to earn a decent wage, they even could afford middle class white cloths.

Due to the inherent racist nature of the government, they reserves lacked government support. On many occasions reserves were sold out to the white pastoyal owners. There was also paternalist ownership of the land, and they land was never in the ownership of the aboriginals. There was also the removal of young Aboriginals, thus removing the next generations of workers.

The reserves eventually failed, but not due to aboriginal fault. This is a example that Aboriginals could if they were given land and education are capable of running the land at a profit, but only if the government gave the right support.

Comrade nathan

HSC
What I meant when I said 'brought it on themsevles' is they could have chosen to live normally it todays society but instead they have chosen to be troublemakers who live off welfare payments and don't bother working.
'

Excactly how did they bring it on themselves?

These problems have obvious roots in past policies. Aboriginal communities in rural areas have been isolated, like in Darwin because of the Tourist industry. It takes alot more to just be motivated to enter into a society that has isolated and degraded a race for so many years.

And the reason they are making a big deal about injustices is because they can. Most of them don't particularly care but because they can complain they do.
Are you saying they like the isolation and third world conditions of some Aboriginal communites?

You know you are wrong.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
'

Excactly how did they bring it on themselves?

These problems have obvious roots in past policies. Aboriginal communities in rural areas have been isolated, like in Darwin because of the Tourist industry. It takes alot more to just be motivated to enter into a society that has isolated and degraded a race for so many years.

Are you saying they like the isolation and third world conditions of some Aboriginal communites?

You know you are wrong.
They are just like any other Australia. They get welfare. They CAN get a job. I mentioned the aboriginals in Alice Springs before. They sit in a dry creek bed all day and night drinking wine directly from a cask and doing nothing. Thats their choice they aren't forced to do it.

They do not have to live in isolation and in third world conditions. They choose to.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
They are just like any other Australia. They get welfare. They CAN get a job. I mentioned the aboriginals in Alice Springs before. They sit in a dry creek bed all day and night drinking wine directly from a cask and doing nothing. Thats their choice they aren't forced to do it.

They do not have to live in isolation and in third world conditions. They choose to.
Some of my mates drink goon from the bag (there not aboriginals) so does that make them scum?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Some of you (well, iamsickofyear12, not that that should be a surprise) should search this particular forum for any threads discussing Indigenous Australians and take note of what MoonlightSonata has to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)