Audiences Journey In Tempest (1 Viewer)

Shadem

HSC
Hey

Ok, i need some help.
I am writing a speech about imaginative journeys and my concept is the fact that the audience is taken on their own journey as a result.
I need some help relating this back to the Tempest.
Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

Imverybored

HSC
Hey. Well, first of all it sort of depends whether you mean the Elizabethan audience or the modern audience. In Elizabethan times it was rare for an individual to leave their district, let alone travel to other unimagined places such as an island or Milan. Shakepeare takes the audience on an imaginative journey to places that they may have or will never have the chance to explore. Also, back in Elizabethan times, the possibility of the existence of spirits and witches was broadly accepted, and possibly taken for granted. Today the concept seems a bit far fetched and therefore the modern audience is forced to imagine the possibility.
Hope that is of some help. I'm still trying to get my head around the storyline... have an assessment due this week and I'm freakin out!!
If you have any tips on how I could relate it to Finding Neverland I would greatly appreciate it :)
Thanks and good luck.

yosemite sam

HSC
You can also say that the journey Prospero takes from revenge to forgiveness etc. reflects the imaginative journey the audience has embarked upon with him in terms of the progression of the jounrey to its resolution.
And the Elizabethan audience would have had the imaginative journey to a faraway place with mystical creatures and magic like Iamverybored said.
WHen i did the Tempest I found that the audience related part was both the hardest and also the easiest to bullshit how it relates in.
So different aspects reflect the audiences journey or this techniques shows the audience blah blah blah. Its not hard once you get your head around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)