Audience and Purpose (1 Viewer)

Alaranth

One of my viva voce questions is along the lines of "what is your audience and purpose?" I had this question in my proposal, too, and I sucked at it. I just don't GET the whole idea! Surely the audience is people who would find it interesting? Or people older than 12? Can someone please explain to me this horribly confusing concept?

get_born

its not really that hard...just firstly what is it about in brief and whats the target audience to you you think?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ask yourself these questions..who do you think would buy it? Why? What would be the more appealing bits in your work to them? What kind of place/time would your work actually get published and become a bestseller? Why?

HSC
N/A
Audience: To put it in marketing terms, all current and potential customers. What's their age, education level, culture/nationality...? For example, if you're writing a fan-fiction-esque story, obviously your intended audience loves the fiction piece you're basing your story on.

Purpose: Why are you writing this? Possible responses (but please don't word it like this in your RS!)

- Because you love the subject and have an interest in it
- Because you were interested to see how a story would turn out if you mixed certain concepts/explored several intersting ideas
- Because you feel passionate about this and want to share this with an audience
- Because you want to teach your audience something, or open their eyes to a new perspective of your concept

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)